Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I saw these crossbars on eBay, but $270 is a bit more than what I want to spend. So I contacted the vendor, he said he will give better pricing for a bulk order. So I just wanted to see if there is any interest in this.

Please reply if you're interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw these as well. I like them and would buy them...just not at that $270 price.

It depends on how low the vendor will go.
My thought exactly. :smile2:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'd me in as well for the right price

I saw these on ebay as well, they do look good but not for $270.00, depending on the price I'd consider

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw these on ebay as well, they do look good but not for $270.00, depending on the price I'd consider
I really like how they match the look of the roof rails. ?

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Id be interested if these weren't just SS versions of the stock crossbars. They're pretty useless if you want to use roof boxes because the default mounting positions don't work with many boxes and causes the boxes to angle up at the front.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Id be interested if these weren't just SS versions of the stock crossbars. They're pretty useless if you want to use roof boxes because the default mounting positions don't work with many boxes and causes the boxes to angle up at the front.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I know what you mean about the roof boxes. Fixed length roof rack is not the best design.
Unfortunately these are just OEM style crossbars in stainless steel.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm interested. Again depending on the price, I'd be in.

Are these the factory cross bars?
Great. Thanks for expressing your interest. These are OEM style (not factory) crossbars, they should have the same specs as the factory bars.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With 5 people showing interest (myself included), I'll ask the vendor for a definitive price and keep you all posted. Assuming everyone is in US (for shipping purposes). Thanks for reading my post and your interest.

thexman (NJ)
providenceleaf (MA)
crwmlw (IL)
mdx2017 (??)
thePearl (??)

·
Registered
3 Posts
With 5 people showing interest (myself included), I'll ask the vendor for a definitive price and keep you all posted. Assuming everyone is in US (for shipping purposes). Thanks for reading my post and your interest.

thexman (NJ)

providenceleaf (MA)

crwmlw (IL)

mdx2017 (??)

thePearl (??)

I am interested as well, if you could add me to the group pricing. From MA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am interested as well, if you could add me to the group pricing. From MA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sure.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The vendor offers 20% off with free FedEx shipping to US. I'm trying to get the final price and have him shipped one to me first. Before bringing in the whole group, I want to make sure that the quality of these crossbars is as good as described and pictured. If the vendor agrees, I will order them, install, take pictures and answer any questions anyone might have.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
any update?

I'm now just waiting for the 1st set to arrive (ETA next Tues). Once arrived, I will start taking photos from start to finish. So far the vendor seems responsive and eager to earn our business, the timing for int'l shipping is decent via FedEx.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I received the package this evening, took some quick pictures as I opened and inspected the content. My plan is to install them this weekend (it's usually late and dark when I get home from work during the week.

Here are my initial thoughts
-FedEx shipping from China is quicker than expected, it took only 6 days (missed the 1st delivery attempt yesterday)
-Packaging is secured and adequate (my 11 yr old took a while to open it)
-cross bars feel solid and sturdy
-metal surface is polished and smooth (no rough/sharp edges)
-all tools and screws are accounted for plus oem instructions

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally got them installed in 60+ degrees weather. The install was easy and straightforward. The only thing I would suggest is to unscrew the 2 screws on each a little when installing as the roof rails are not exactly parallel to each other, so the stands need to sit in a slightly angle.

They look great comparing to OEM bars. I was driving at 70 mph and did not notice any wind noise. Let me know if you have any questions.

Here are the final photos

Attachments

Reactions: jkh122

·
Registered
14 Posts
Finally got them installed in 60+ degrees weather. The install was easy and straightforward. The only thing I would suggest is to unscrew the 2 screws on each a little when installing as the roof rails are not exactly parallel to each other, so the stands need to sit in a slightly angle.

They look great comparing to OEM bars. I was driving at 70 mph and did not notice any wind noise. Let me know if you have any questions.

Here are the final photos
They look great!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Also the final price for group buy is $210 shipped. If interested, please PM me for details.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts