Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm looking at a 2015 Acura with technology and entertainment packages. It has 28,400 miles. They are asking $37,900, I got them down to $36,300. It's certified. Does that seem like a fair price??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just paid $31800 for a certified 20K mile Blue tech, no entertainment though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have been looking at Certified 2014 to 2016 with lower than 25k miles. They are literally almost the same price of a new base 2017 SH-AWD. I guess that Acura's hold their value, but the new bar models are pretty solid in terms of features that I feel compelled to pay just a bit little more and get the latest design that will hold the value for awhile.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So, the best deal is to purchase a MDX away from a Acura dealership.. check out cars.com, Autotrader, CarMax, and there are a lot of new online buying used car companies that bring you a car to your door plus have a 10 day free returns. The 2018's are hitting the lots and should start seeing deals on 17's plus 16's.. also if your not towing the hybrid is worth a closer look.. But, remember 2019 could be completely new body style.. good luck!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a 2015 Advanced, Ent. and I wouldn't buy it again if I had the choice. You need to take it for an overnight drive to really check it out. Mine still has a squeaking noise coming from under the hood that they have never fixed. They say its the fuel pump and it is designed to do that. The ride has become awful and feels like at 32,000 miles it needs shocks. All kinds of rattles in the cabin. The informant system is way outdated and just about useless. Same one I have had in all 3 of them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would definitely do a long term test drive with any car used or new. I've own 14 MDX FWD and 16 AWD and both driven 60k total miles and only had a bad strut that was replaced. Did have software problems with my 14 because it was purchased in 13 there was issues on turning on heated seats from voice commands. Fix under warranty. Yes if you read there are people who regret their purchase. Acura has sold 50k of these each year and yes there are some problems with any mass production cars. I love my MDX and to me it's the best SUV AWD 3 row vechile out there for the price point. Listen to everyone but make your own mind up. Your the person making the car payment. Good luck on whatever you decide..

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2015 Advanced, Ent. and I wouldn't buy it again if I had the choice. You need to take it for an overnight drive to really check it out. Mine still has a squeaking noise coming from under the hood that they have never fixed. They say its the fuel pump and it is designed to do that. The ride has become awful and feels like at 32,000 miles it needs shocks. All kinds of rattles in the cabin. The informant system is way outdated and just about useless. Same one I have had in all 3 of them.

Have them look into the whether the service bulletin was ever completed for the timing belt. Mine did the same thing on my 2014 once the engine was warm.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Problem is this does it about all the time and it has been in many times and still the same answer. I even called Customer Relations and got the same answer. It is designed to work that way. That's a bunch of bull and they can sell these to someone else.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.