Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2015 MDX with Advance & Entertainment and this summer I noticed that when it gets warm outside and my MDX has been parked outside, the DVD player develops a rattle on the driver side of the casing. If I barely push on the cover, it stops. Whether the screen is up or down makes no difference. Has anyone else noticed this same issue. Usually when the outside temp is above 70 degrees and sunny it happens. Owned it almost exactly a year, but rattle started about May/June (correlating to the summer temps).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm taking mine in for the recall this coming Tuesday. I am going to bring it up and see what they say. If I could figure out how to remove the casing, I could probably put some furniture pads or something between the unit and casing to stop the flexing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine creaks and rattles quite a bit over bumps after the car has been sitting outside in the summer heat. It's annoying but I attribute it to the plastic expanding and rubbing. If anyone finds a fix, please forward. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I took my 2015 in for the recall today and they told me they are ordering a new "garnish" for the DVD player. Maybe that's the plactic casing for it? Regardless, it sounds like they figured out what the issue was. It never happened in the morning, only after it sat in the heat or sun for a little bit. It could be a quiet rattle or get loud depending on the environment.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Common thing across cars/makes. I was able to put (shove) some felt around our DVD player to quickly solve it but am buggered on one of my other cars (inside of dashboard during/after warm weather).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE: They installed the new garnish (whatever that is) and added foam padding and all the rattles went away. Based on the notes, this looks like a common problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts