Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal when the remote engine start is activated that the A/C is directed at the front windshield instead of out the driver and passenger air vents? Or does it take time to make the swtich? I am, however, really impressed by the distance remote start can be initiated.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think its by default. I guess in winter it defrosts the windshield? The distance is great! I can sit in my office and turn the car on without even going to a window and know on the key fob if its on or not. Love it!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
renbkny,

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense with it on full blast towards the windshield during the summer. Also, the window defroster is ON. It would cool much more efficient if the cold air was coming out of the driver/passenger vents.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you leave your AC on auto, it does pick the vent flow automatically. I noticed the last few times I remote started, the airflow was through the main vents.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting finding. I normally don't use Auto but I will try it today and see what happens when I remote start it. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Interesting finding. I normally don't use Auto but I will try it today and see what happens when I remote start it. Thanks for your input.
Did I miss something? You had the climate control in manual mode and you wondered when the air direction was going to AUTOmatically change?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did I miss something? You had the climate control in manual mode and you wondered when the air direction was going to AUTOmatically change?
Are you saying the Remote Start is tied to whether or not Manual or Auto setting was last used prior to engine shut off? I tried putting the A/C on Auto then turned off the engine. When I remote started it 20 minutes later, the air was directed at the windshield again and not the main vents. And of course the unnecessary defroster was ON as always. What did I do differently?

·
Registered
316 Posts
This is from the Acura site:
Remote Engine Start with Vehicle Feedback

Included on the Advance Package, remote engine start with vehicle feedback enables the owner to start the MDX engine from up to 110 yards away. The climate control system operates automatically. On cold days, the defrost will already be working to clear the windshield, while on hot days, the front seats’ ventilation will engage to cool the surfaces.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is from the Acura site:
Remote Engine Start with Vehicle Feedback

Included on the Advance Package, remote engine start with vehicle feedback enables the owner to start the MDX engine from up to 110 yards away. The climate control system operates automatically. On cold days, the defrost will already be working to clear the windshield, while on hot days, the front seats’ ventilation will engage to cool the surfaces.
It is 100 degree here in Texas and the defroster is on when I remote start the vehicle. The front windshield is blasted with cold air while the interior has no cold air from the main vents. Basically it does nothing to cool the interior other than to warm up the engine, which is not necessary in 100 degree heat. And I do have the Advance model.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I guess I would ask to have them start another advance and see what it does. The advance owners on this forum should help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts