Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, new to the forum and hoping for some guidance. I started looking for the factory amp location so I can tap into it to add a sub/amp but I can't seem to find it.

Before I start tearing the car apart and removing panels, was hoping someone will know where to find it. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever identify the location? I need to replace my AMP as it has an open ground - per the dealer - but I cannot find anything online that tells me where it is located in the car...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Did you ever identify the location? I need to replace my AMP as it has an open ground - per the dealer - but I cannot find anything online that tells me where it is located in the car...
bump..also trying to find oem amp location for a 2015 mdx. it's not in the passenger kick panel, i have it open right now and it looks like what appears to be another fuse box

·
Registered
208 Posts
I’m pretty sure the kick panel they’re referring to is the one attached to the centre column.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just finished my install. The amp is located under the center console. Just have to remove the one panel closest to the front on the passenger side. You will also find a grommet in the firewall to run a power wire to the battery. I added amps, front door speakers ( running active), minidsp processor, and a sub. I had most of the gear already so it wasn't too expensive. I couldn't believe how bad the "premium" audio system in this car is.
One thing you must be aware of... the factory EQ does all kinds of horrible things like decreasing bass with volume increasing. You can bypass this in the dev menu however. You need to hold nav+menu+back butttons
until the upper screen changes, then hold menu until it changes again. Use the dial to go to second page ( arrow at bottom). Go to dsp/amp setting and set "flat" to on. This will turn off the factory EQ. Problem is this resets
every time you start the car. PITA but you get used to it. I also unplugged the ANC unit located behind the glove box. Sounds incredible now. Worth the effort. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thx you mlilley. The 2nd gen had the amp for the sub inside the sub box. Mark did they change the 3rd gen and put everything to the one amp in the center console ? Just want to be sure because in my 2nd gen I took the signal from the sub input to my lc7.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just finished my install. The amp is located under the center console. Just have to remove the one panel closest to the front on the passenger side.

One thing I hate about the factory set up is the way this Sub is tied to the rear speakers. If the kids are in the backseat watching a movie and I have to either kill or turn down the rear speakers I lose all the lows because the sub goes off as well.

When you were upgrading your system, did you notice if the wires for the sub have a separate exit from the app or are they somehow tied to the rear speakers? I’d love to have them working in conjunction with the front speakers instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
bump..also trying to find oem amp location for a 2015 mdx. it's not in the passenger kick panel, i have it open right now and it looks like what appears to be another fuse box
Facts got an 04 mdx same here I think we all watched the kids video on YouTube with the TL🤷🏾‍♂️😂

1 - 14 of 14 Posts