Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 MDX ADV/ENT

I read that it should have a factory alarm system, but am unsure exactly what is protected.
- does it have multiple start blocking (ignition/ fuel/ startermotor block)
- does it have glass/window breakage detection
- does it have interior radar detection
- does it have jack-up, tow detection?

Any info greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm sure it has the basic functions like any alarm.

Ignition/fuel cut-off switch
glass sensor
motion detection

Not sure on how good the quality factory alarm is but I went with Viper security alarm with remote starter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
what does the factory alarm do?

I have a 2017 MDX w/ advance pkg.
I recently woke up to see my MDX resting on soda crates, wheels and tires gone and the rear passenger window smashed. I am wondering with all that movement and glass breaking, why the alarm did not sound.
Should the alarm have sounded? The dealer did not have much to say.
Does acura offer a motion sensor or glass breakage sensor?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
No glass break or motion sensors for the factory alarm. Only if they broke the window and then opened the door will cause the factory alarm to go off. I think Acura alarms only have an ignition immobilizer and door sensors.

I went with a front/rear dash cam on my MDX and added two sets of wheel locks (aftermarket 20" rims). I did have a Viper alarm with motion, glass break, and remote start for the kid's TSX for High school; but, it would drain the battery sometimes and require constant tweaking to work properly.

I would go with an aftermarket alarm that will send you an alert on the FOB and smartphone at the same time. Extra wheel locks and front/rear dash cam wouldn't hurt either since they know where you live.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I realize that if someone wants to steal my vehicle or remove components they can and if I hear car alarms going off I ignore it since 99% of the time it's a false alarm - usually with the dufus owner standing next to it allowing the alarm to continue to sound while they're standing right there - probably to feel like they're getting some use out of their expensive alarm.

For those reasons I just make sure I have theft insurance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts