Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

i am currently waitting for my 2003 black on black MDX.I currently have a 99 3.2TL and at the end of the month my lease is up on that car.I have a few extra miles on that car and i was wondering if they would charge me for going over the permitted mileage.Someone told me that they will not bother do to the fact that i am re leasing another car from them.What do u guys think.

ps:i am quite a few thousand miles over and it would cost and it would probably cost a fortune.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
If you're buying from the same dealer, and using the same finance company, they *might* waive some of the overmileage fees. The reality, though, is that the dealer usually just rolls your mileage penalty into the new financing (or jacks the price of the new car by the appropriate amount). You pay for it, just monthly over the term of the next loan/lease rather than cash-up-front.

I suppose if a finance company is running a loyalty offer they might consider it, although even that's unlikely. And AHFC almost never runs deals like the American mfrs do.

One thing you might look into, depending on how bad you are going to get hammered on the mileage penalty, is to see if your lease can be extended by a few months (Lexus Finance does this). Then, you could just garage the TL and put on 0 miles during that period. Might be cheaper than paying for them. ??

·
Registered
46 Posts
My next door neighbor just turned in his SLX for an MDX when his lease expried last month and he told me that the dealer waived the fee for the extra mileage on his SLX. I'm not sure how much he went over the limit by but I guess it wouldn't hurt you to ask. I'm sure you can negotiate something with the dealer since you are a returning customer. Good luck.

·
Registered
216 Posts
i was told by a acura salesman that as long as you are re-leasing from the same dealer or plan to refinance they will waive the charge ... but thats just what he told me ... you got to see it to believe it ... or see it in fine print ...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Agreed

I agree....it's a variable policy based on dealership and circumstances.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Waived charges ... someone IS paying for charges ... dealer may choose to forgo some profit, etc ... but SOMEONE IS PAYING

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Have you considered buying instead of leasing? See what numbers you come up with by paying the extra mileage and then buying the X.

Almost alway a lease is not the best way to buy a car IMHO...

·
Registered
216 Posts
listen to bald eagle he is right ... usually the only way to benifit from a lease if you own your own business ... i pretty much already broken down the numbers ... see the below link ... and look for my post that starts of "correct me if im wrong" ... and just read from there ... there are also some benefits explained in that post if you do own your own business ...

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=82832#post82832

1 - 9 of 9 Posts