Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of putting an extended warrant on the MDX S. Too many bells and whistles that can go wrong.

Was quoted $3,500 by my dealer for an 8yr 100k mile, taking me to 2030. I saw Curry on line with a price on line for about 30% less, at just over $2,300. That difference makes me wonder if it is legit or if my dealer is trying to gouge me.

All the info I can find on the forum is pretty old.

Does anyone have recent experience with warranty pricing?

Appreciate it.

· Registered
119 Posts
$2200 ish for 8yr/120k miles via Curry, last March/April for Type S advanced. Thats the cost of one bell or one whistle..

Having personally spent 6x of that amount on a past lux German ride, a great deal for some sense of security imo.

Totally legit via Curry. It is a Honda of America policy written by HOA. HOA will send you all the details and registration cards including roadside assistance for the term.

· Registered
69 Posts
$2200 ish for 8yr/120k miles via Curry, last March/April for Type S advanced. Thats the cost of one bell or one whistle..

Having personally spent 6x of that amount on a past lux German ride, a great deal for some sense of security imo.

Totally legit via Curry. It is a Honda of America policy written by HOA. HOA will send you all the details and registration cards including roadside assistance for the term.
Can you post a link to it?

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks, exactly what I need to cover. So the HOA policy covers it at the Acura dealer?

· Premium Member
22 Posts
Thinking of putting an extended warrant on the MDX S. Too many bells and whistles that can go wrong.

Was quoted $3,500 by my dealer for an 8yr 100k mile, taking me to 2030. I saw Curry on line with a price on line for about 30% less, at just over $2,300. That difference makes me wonder if it is legit or if my dealer is trying to gouge me.

All the info I can find on the forum is pretty old.

Does anyone have recent experience with warranty pricing?

Appreciate it.
Check out Endurance for warranty. Barter for best price. They are highly rated.

· Registered
5,061 Posts
The prices at Curry haven't changed for the 5yr/120,000 mile Acuracare warranty when I purchased one back in 2014 for my 11 MDX Adv+Ent. The 11 MDX had waaaay less electronics, cameras, computer chips, and new technology. I used Acuracare on my 11 MDX to replace both front seat heaters a few years apart ($700 ea) and rear magnetic shocks ($2000). Not a lot of items on my 19 MDX Adv Sport Hybrid that is under $1000 to fix?

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Stick with Acura care for the warranty....dealers will mark up the cost to absurd levels. There are two dealers that will sell the warranty at a discount.....as mentioned above Curry and I bought mine from Sean Rauch at Hyannis Honda
[email protected]

As noted above, it should run approx $2,200

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The prices at Curry haven't changed for the 5yr/120,000 mile Acuracare warranty when I purchased one back in 2014 for my 11 MDX Adv+Ent. The 11 MDX had waaaay less electronics, cameras, computer chips, and new technology. I used Acuracare on my 11 MDX to replace both front seat heaters a few years apart ($700 ea) and rear magnetic shocks ($2000). Not a lot of items on my 19 MDX Adv Sport Hybrid that is under $1000 to fix?
That's what I'm thinking, tons of electronics, air suspension, and so on, nothing will be cheap, not to mention shop labor rates are through the roof out here in CA.

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stick with Acura care for the warranty....dealers will mark up the cost to absurd levels. There are two dealers that will sell the warranty at a discount.....as mentioned above Curry and I bought mine from Sean Rauch at Hyannis Honda
[email protected]

As noted above, it should run approx $2,200
Thank you, so no issues using the warranty froma Honda dealer for the Acura?

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Thank you, so no issues using the warranty froma Honda dealer for the Acura?
None....they will sell you an Acura Care Warranty.....that's what I bought 8 yrs, 120,000 miles, $100 deductible. It cost me $2,000 last year.
I bought the my warranty from Sean and also bought the warranty for my 2002 MDX from him. My dealer wanted $4,800 for it!

Here is his contact info:
Sean Rausch
Internet Manager
Hyannis Honda
774 470 4054

· Registered
5,061 Posts
That's what I'm thinking, tons of electronics, air suspension, and so on, nothing will be cheap, not to mention shop labor rates are through the roof out here in CA.
Acuracare is a very good deal if you plan to keep the vehicle up to the max coverage of +5 years or 120,000 miles. Not sure if they change any of the details since 2014, but:
  • you can transfer Acuracare to a new owner if you sell
  • you can cancel anytime for a pro-rated refund
  • can be used at any Acura dealership or Honda dealership if an Acura dealership isn't available
  • the price back in 2014 of $2390 5yr/120,000 miles $0 deductible was exactly the same for a base, tech, or Adv 11 MDX coverage. I would have lost money with Acuracare if I had a base or tech 11 MDX because all my repairs were Adv model specific (3 level heated/ventilated seats repair and magnetic damper system replacement).

I just used my CPO warranty on my 18 RLX and that pretty much the same as Acuracare. My RLX rear glass electric sun shade came off its tracks and needed to be replaced. I never use the sunshade since I have tinted windows. The warranty replaced the sunshade in 24 hours and the bill to CPO/Acuracare was $1500 for that simple little part+labor. Never would have fixed the rear sunshade if I needed to pay out-of-pocket.

Reactions: Bigdave18629

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
None....they will sell you an Acura Care Warranty.....that's what I bought 8 yrs, 120,000 miles, $100 deductible. It cost me $2,000 last year.
I bought the my warranty from Sean and also bought the warranty for my 2002 MDX from him. My dealer wanted $4,800 for it!

Here is his contact info:
Sean Rausch
Internet Manager
Hyannis Honda
774 470 4054
Thank you, I guess I got a decent price from my dealer, but there is a lot of meat left on the bone. I will reach out to Sean.

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is there a time limit of when you can no longer order extended warranty? Does it have to be within the manufacturers warranty period?
Not sure about Acura but other makes I know of require that you are still under factory warranty. Aftermarket has more flexibility but you should do your homework before buying one, plenty of schiesters out there in the warranty world.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts