Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen several comments mentioning extended warranties and I'm wondering if it's really worth the extra money. I bought a dealer-leased 2016 MDX with technology and entertainment packages Dec 2018 and paid extra for a Route 66 extended warranty as part of my loan. I'm now over 30k miles and have started getting lots of "you're still eligible for extended warranty" calls. So, now I'm wondering if what I have is sufficient or should I consider something else? Thoughts?

·
Registered
432 Posts
With todays technologically advanced cars and the outrageous costs of parts and labor, extended warranties IMHO are worth it. Check and see if you can get Honda care extended warranty. Or one that covers electronics for sure.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I bought an Acura Plus extended warranty for my 2015 Elite. Drove it the whole 50,000 kms worth of warranty and didn’t use it once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Most aftermarket warranties seem to cover a lot but actually have significant exclusions when you read the fine print. Most of them have no coverage for electronics issues which, like Donn0128 said, is the most concerning thing with newer cars with lots of fancy tech gadgets. That said, if you haven't had many problems with your 2016 so far, it'll likely be reliable in the future too. Most people will put the money they would have spent on an extended warranty aside and use that for a repair if one ever comes up. It would be a shame to spend $1500+ on an extended warranty for peace of mind and never see that money again, especially if the warranty excluded the parts that need fixing! If you save that money and you do need to pay for a repair, you'd have the money saved already; and if you don't need a repair, you're that much richer!
Since you already have coverage from Route 66 I wouldn't recommend paying for an additional one

·
Registered
14 Posts
Some of us are lucky and some are not :) As for me, I would get it. Signed up for the AcuraCare back in 2015 when I purchased a certified 2014. And the dealer also gave me 1% point discount on the loan. Since then the extended warranty paid for itself with wheel bearing and high pressure fuel pump replacements. I still have 25k miles or so to go before it expires. Our families have owned 2 hondas and 3 acuras since the 80's, the recent built quality of Acuras seem to be, IMHO, "junk-quality," compared to the old days. And of course, this is just based on my experience and 2 other friends who have Acuras.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts