Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd ask here if there is typically flexibility in pricing and if so what people are paying. *Is there a better place to purchase than your dealer?

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I thought I'd ask here if there is typically flexibility in pricing and if so what people are paying. *Is there a better place to purchase than your dealer?

Thanks.

I can't speak to specific pricing, though based on experience, it is worth shopping around. Dealers (and not just Acura dealers) are usually the easiest places to purchase from. Keep in mind that much like the car, the extended warranties are also negotiable. The price they quote to you is not set in concrete. If you have good negotiating skills you can work on that. Let's say that you dickered then way down on the price of the car, well, they may recoup some of that with the extended warranty.

Alternatively, you could purchase direct from a seller online such as EasyCare or Fidelity, but I suspect you have less negotiating power there.

Regardless of where you purchase from, be sure that you understand what it includes and what is not included, and know what the deductibles are. At the dealer they'll put a big sheet with a long bullet list of everything that's covered, but be sure to press for examples and ask questions. For example, most of the foo foo stuff is never covered by the extended warranty--but usually will fail within the factory warranty so don't neglect to take care of that stuff while you can within the factory/CPO warranty.

-jg

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I can't speak to specific pricing, though based on experience, it is worth shopping around. Dealers (and not just Acura dealers) are usually the easiest places to purchase from. Keep in mind that much like the car, the extended warranties are also negotiable. The price they quote to you is not set in concrete. If you have good negotiating skills you can work on that. Let's say that you dickered then way down on the price of the car, well, they may recoup some of that with the extended warranty.

Alternatively, you could purchase direct from a seller online such as EasyCare or Fidelity, but I suspect you have less negotiating power there.

Regardless of where you purchase from, be sure that you understand what it includes and what is not included, and know what the deductibles are. At the dealer they'll put a big sheet with a long bullet list of everything that's covered, but be sure to press for examples and ask questions. For example, most of the foo foo stuff is never covered by the extended warranty--but usually will fail within the factory warranty so don't neglect to take care of that stuff while you can within the factory/CPO warranty.

-jg
Not the case in Florida. Apparently by law,extended warranties can not be negotiated. I've had different dealers tell me that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts