Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is interested, I just purchased an extended warranty for
6 yrs- 100,000 miles for $1265.00 no tax. The site is http://www.acurawarrantys.com/index.cfm When you give them your e-mail, they will send you a coupon for $80.00 off.

That was the best price I could find. Dealers were quoting me $1500.00 and up. I know you may get a better deal when you are negotiating to buy the MDX. This is for those who thought about it latter on. I've had my MDX for over a year. 23,000 miles on my Baby.

Pros:
-Go to your local dealer and ask them the cost of replacing anything in your car. $$$$

Cons:
-You may never use it. (highly unlikely)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wanted to ask if anyone else has any experience with GEICO's extended warranty program for new car buyers...

When I called to check on the insurance costs for our on-the-way MDX, I was told that, at the time of purchase only, I had the opportunity to add GEICO's extended warranty onto my existing insurance policy. The cost per year for a 2003 MDX was $80, and when listing the covered components, it sounded nearly identical to Acura's extended warranty coverage.

I'm always skeptical of anything that sounds too good to be true, but the low cost is tempting. There's always still the option to get the extended warranty from Acura, e.g., later...

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Peter

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I don't have GEICO. Don't know what program's they have. It sounds like a great deal. 6yrs ($80)=480.00. Is there a mileage limit.
I have my ins. through AMEX. They have great rates. 975.00/year in new york.

·
Registered
392 Posts
WarpSpeed said:
If anyone is interested, I just purchased an extended warranty for
6 yrs- 100,000 miles for $1265.00 no tax. The site is http://www.acurawarrantys.com/index.cfm When you give them your e-mail, they will send you a coupon for $80.00 off.

That was the best price I could find. Dealers were quoting me $1500.00 and up.
http://www.acurawarranty.com/slx_pricing24.htm <~~~worth checking this site too. It has been listed on acuramdx.org often for great price on the extended warranty. It is a few dollars cheaper for some mileage/year terms even after the coupon discount for the above dealer. :cool:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Geico warranty

Geico warranties have a deductible, and you may have to go to a Geico-approved repair shop, not an Acura dealership. There are no mileage limits and of course, it will end if you stop Geico insurance. I don't know if it's transferable either.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Bellevuemdx,

I have the warranty coverage with GEICO, I pay $39 every 6 months, the coverage is good for until 7 yrs/100,000 miles as long as you keep your GEICO coverage and there is a $250 deductible. The only caveats are as follows:

1. While you are covered under Acura's 4 year/50,000 mile warranty, you should take it back to an Acura dealer for repair. So in effect, if you need to use GEICO's coverage, it will begin when the Acura warranty is over. Like any other extended warranty, you are really paying for additional years of service over and above the basic warranty, but it will still be cheaper in the long run then paying $1200-1500 up front for the same thing.

2. You must get authorization from GEICO by calling their 800 number before any work is done. Based on my experience with them for claims, I can almost guarantee you will never have a problem in getting quick approval.

3. During the GEICO warranty period, you can go to any repair facility you want...

·
Registered
259 Posts
It does under the "TLC" program, so I don't carry it with GEICO now. When the basic 4 year warranty is up with Acura, then I will get roadside assistance from GEICO which is fairly cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts