Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello MDXers, I purchased a 2016 MDX AWD with Tech and Acurawatch package with one year of Acura warranty still remaining. The dealer forced me to purchase 3rd party warranty which I refused. What is your recommendation on ‘need’ to purchase extended warranty for MDX 2016? Please let me know if you have purchased extended warranty before and if it has helped many of you. From where did you purchase extended warranty? This is first time I am buying a luxury car and look forward to hearing your inputs. Thanks-HcTD

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
You should search the site as there are several threads about extended warranties with many saying they are a waste, and many purchasing them.

As for me, I bought an AcuraCare warranty for my 05 MDX that I had bought used, right before the original warranty expired. Never used it and got a $250 refund when I traded for my 11 Advance.

I bought an AcuraCare 8 yr/120k warranty for the 11 Advance at purchase (rolled cost into cheap 60 month financing or I would have waited). Had an AC issue right after purchase that was under original warranty; but during extended warranty period I had 1) both side mirror actuators replaced, 2) power steering pump replaced, and 3) two shocks replaced. All of this and the main reason I bought the warranty was for electronics! When I sold my 11 Advance this past June, I received a refund of $500+.

I have leased my 17 Advance so no AcuraCare warranty.

So the warranty on my 05 was a waste, but the one on my 11 more than paid for itself, plus I received the refund.

By the way, I would only buy an AcuraCare warranty, and not one from a third party.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.