Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 MDX warranty (4 year/50K) warranty expires May 2017. I have 43K on vehicle now. Should I pursue an extended warranty or self insure? I plan on keeping this vehicle much longer as it really is a great vehicle (brakes excepted) and probably the best of many vehicles we have owned in the past. Opinion?

·
Registered
162 Posts
My wife and I have let the option for the extended coverage expire and like you mentioned.. self insure.

Our experience; with a - ahem- ..Pontiac minivan, we did purchase the extended warranty, and yes we did use it...!!!
However, the have calculated that we broke dead even with the cost of the insurance. So the only thing we gained was peace of mind.

Therefore.. in my estimation, an Acura is head and shoulders above an garden variety GM product.. We thus believe [ and pray] the odds are in our favor.
The MDX replaced another GM product [Trailblazer]and the repairs outweighed the value of the vehicle.. the Tbzr was 10 years old.

My 02 TL has been on the road since June of 2001.. and is in great condition... mainly because it becomes a hangar queen during the winter. Since the MDX will be the family work horse all year long... I am planning for a long life for the MDX.. well at least better than the TBlazer.. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts