Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wondering if there is a way to extend the itle time on a 17 MDX when using the auto start? I start the car in the morning via key fob and then it seems like it turns off after about 5 minutes or so. The car doesn't warm up all the way.

Thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi all,

Just wondering if there is a way to extend the itle time on a 17 MDX when using the auto start? I start the car in the morning via key fob and then it seems like it turns off after about 5 minutes or so. The car doesn't warm up all the way.

Thanks
There is a way, page 60 of the manual explains it in detail:

Press the Lock button, then press and hold the Engine button within 5
seconds to remotely start the engine.
• The engine runs for up to 10 minutes. To extend the run time for
another 10 minutes, repeat the procedure during the initial 10 minutes.
• The amber LED blinks, then the green LED comes back on if a 10-minute
extension request was transmitted successfully.
• After pressing the (lock) button, wait for the green LED to blink. This
indicates that the all the doors and the tailgate are locked.
When started remotely, the engine automatically shuts off after 10
minutes of idling and/or the brake pedal and ENGINE START/STOP button
have not been pressed simultaneously.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes , the same for 2019. I have one comment about the remote start feature. I wonder why Acura did not include some sort of lights on feature to indicate the vehicle has been started. I had that on my Infiniti and Subaru. When started remotely, front and rear tail lights would be on in some capacity. I don't see anyway to change that on the Acura.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yes , the same for 2019. I have one comment about the remote start feature. I wonder why Acura did not include some sort of lights on feature to indicate the vehicle has been started. I had that on my Infiniti and Subaru. When started remotely, front and rear tail lights would be on in some capacity. I don't see anyway to change that on the Acura.
I wish it did that as well, even with just parking lights on in front and tailights. Would help to find at night in big parking lot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When viewing Youtube videos for tips and secrets for the 2019 MDX, there adjustments to some of electronics. For instance on the 2019 RDX , not the MDX, you reprogram the electronic parking brake to be engaged everytime you put the car in park and turn off the engine. So perhaps there is some adjust ents to the remote start to turn on lights when engaged? Drive safe.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Maybe they did this on purpose so that it is not obvious that your engine is running? I think idling engine is illegal in a lot of states even just for couple minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts