Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since my 03' hit 95k miles this SUV has become a money pit (worse then my boat!). I'm at 120k miles now and have had to replace the following: motor mounts, PS hose, PS pump (twice in 6 months), upper & lower control arm bushings, stabilizer bar links & bushings, Tie rod ends, AC compressor. Next on my list of things that on there way out is the starter (this will be the second replacement), front axels & CV joints(half-shafts), Cat sheilds and what ever is needed to keep both front doors open. Also over the years I have replaced numerous times the vents becasue the controls sliders break and many interior dash lights. And I'm sure eventually will have some kind of Tranny issue because you can't drive around town in D5 because it won't shift down a gear between 25 - 35, so have to keep it in D4 (been complaining about that since 50k and the dealer could never reproduce the issue!)

I can understand the bushings and the Cat sheilds.... but dash lights, vents and motor mounts! I've had two Integras both to 150k+ miles and never had any of these issues. Are these normal issues with the 03' model or am I just lucky?

I also have a 05' TL that's at 110K, no mechanical issues just those darn interior dash and steering wheel lights!

Not sure if I'd buy another MDX after this one! :(

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just wait until the tranny fails. Mine did because of the tranny cooler blowing inside the radiator. Dealer said because of corrosion? I over maintained this truck and has zero rust, etc... Weird.

Maybe a Lexus RX next?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts