Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Follow up for thread and other threads regarding Navtool. I would really like to purchase it. There are of course many negative reviews and BBB reports but it seems that the folks at NavTool have taken the feedback and have install videos and such out there and there are a few guys showing how they have done the install and that it works.

I could just have my phone sitting on the dash or even use a stand-alone carplay screen that I simply place on the dash in front of the MDX nav screen but i would really like to see the integration and not have my phone in hand.

For those of you that have used it, does it seem that they have gotten better and you are happy?

2007MDX w/Tech
For me personally Android Auto and Apple CarPlay did not work.and it's kind of frustrating because the return policy is if you open the product at all you cannot return it. So approach with caution!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Follow up for thread and other threads regarding Navtool. I would really like to purchase it. There are of course many negative reviews and BBB reports but it seems that the folks at NavTool have taken the feedback and have install videos and such out there and there are a few guys showing how they have done the install and that it works.

I could just have my phone sitting on the dash or even use a stand-alone carplay screen that I simply place on the dash in front of the MDX nav screen but i would really like to see the integration and not have my phone in hand.

For those of you that have used it, does it seem that they have gotten better and you are happy?

2007MDX w/Tech
You need recommendation on 2nd gen or 3rd gen? This is 3rd Gen thread.

I have been successfully using it in my 2011, check link in signature for details.

For 2007 its a different system so check with @AcuraAddicted

To be honest, I am not using it as often as I thought I would. Nothing wrong with system just that its often easier to just use Map on phone than, connect cable, switch on Navtool and Android Auto/CarPlay. Also blocks your view to the Audio interface if you are not using audio via android auto and carplay.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Sent an email to Navtool Tech Support asking.....

Hello Tech Support,
Can you please help answer the questions below for my Navtool on my 2017 Acura MDX?
1) Instead of pressing and holding the back button (2017 Acura MDX dash back button) to have the Navtool interface show up on screen and then select carplay, is there a way to have carplay come onto screen as soon as Navtool recognizes the iPhone is connected?
2) Is wireless carplay coming to Navtool?
Thank you,
Their Response​
You always have to select CarPlay just like in any other car because vehicle must have priority add start for things like air conditioner etc., now we are not working a wireless CarPlay because they are not advantages you still need to charge your"
Thank you for the response.
You are right. But cars nowadays, remember the last settings and come to the last screen automatically on startup.
Wireless Carplay would be a nice addition.

Thank you.
Their Response
"Yes"
"
Kind of disappointing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently i just install myself for my acura mdc 2017 tech package.But when do i leave my car about 2 days at home and then my car got not power at all because when i turn off power my car so the interface did not turn off , it still working during my car power turn it off.i had to recharge my battery later All

·
Registered
2012 Acura MDX ADV
13 Posts
Sounds like you have it connected to constant power (NavTool always on even with key out the ignition). You need to connect the NavTool to Acc power. You'll need to reroute the power wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
After few years with Navtool, decided to go with GROM VLINE with wireless CarPlay. So far I don't have any complaints. Only issue I have is, with my Advanced MDX when I go less than 10mph 360 Camera does not automatically comes on. I have to tap pause button on bottom screen to see the Camera. Rest everything works great.

On My 2017 MDX
Got a GROM VLINE with wireless CarPlay.
So far I don't have any complains.

Setup Details.

Multiple Wireless car qi Charging...

41 - 46 of 46 Posts