Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Update(y):):D:cool:. This is quite strange but for good seems.
After the incident Navtool Died!. I updated the firmware to latest. But it did not fix it. After few days (may be 3-7 days did not drive the car. Parked in garage). Car's Battery drained completely and could not start the car. So had to jump start the car. Strangely since then Navtool is working like a champ no issues what so ever. I don't have connection drop issue. Voice recognition for address search works seamlessly. Well except for only one issue Backup camera does not always comes on when in reverse. But I don't have a problem with that. If I back out of Navtool screen Backup cam is displayed.

I am really enjoying Navtool and the benefit of not touching my phone when driving. Specially now that here in Illinois its very strict not to text while driving or even have the phone in hand.
Well except for only one issue Backup camera does not always comes on when in reverse. But I dont have a problem with that. if I back out of Navtool screen Backup cam is displayed.
How did you get your unit updated? Did you ship it back? Or update by yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts
Any 3G folks not having issues with Navtool? I recently got it for my 2G and its working smoothly. May be its too early but I havent seen anything major yet. I might upgrade to an early 3G and hoping that I would be able to move Navtool over.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Any 3G folks not having issues with Navtool? I recently got it for my 2G and its working smoothly. May be its too early but I havent seen anything major yet. I might upgrade to an early 3G and hoping that I would be able to move Navtool over.
With my 17, I don't have any issues but one. Back up camera sometimes don't show when Navtool is displayed. I have to come out of Navtool screen to see the backup cam screen.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just going to drop these grom vline2 vids that came in today here:

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Looks good and runs the Auto grade Android OS. This has more features than the Navtool. Waiting for some one to buy this and give actual review. I chatted with groom guys and they are in preorder stage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
@17X and @leochen
I am noticing that the USB from Navtool get constant power even when the car is off. I noticed battery drain in my car. I followed navtool instruction in youtube for intallation. What are you guys seeing at your end?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I am noticing that the USB from Navtool get constant power even when the car is off.
How did you measure it?

I noticed battery drain in my car. I followed navtool instruction in youtube for intallation. What are you guys seeing at your end?
No battery draining on my 2008 MDX. I rarely drive the car these days (in fact, last time I filled in was March 9, almost two months ago, and I still have 3/4 tank left), so the car sometimes stays for more than a week without starting. But starts with no issues every time.

Are you sure it's not the HFL module, A/C relay or CD/DVD changer?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Haven't observed any battery drains on mine.
With Ignition off, connect your phone to the Navtool USB to Android phone you can see android Auto getting invoked and phone charging even when the Car Ignition is off. I assume they put the system to be in sleep mode to be woken up via phone connection. The reason why navtool does this could be because of long boot time if the navtool unit power on and off with car ignition. One thing of concern is what is the sleep current of the system.

Also i have compustar 4905-s remote starter system, i am sure this will draw some current when car is off. But i have never had to jumpstart my car in past 2 yrs.

I read the battery voltage 4 hrs after i used my car. The battery read about 9-10 volts. with the current battery 4yrs old i guess battery has died.Time to replace the battery. Any suggestion on replacing battery?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't know if anyone's going to see this but recently I've been having trouble with Android Auto connecting to the unit. I keep getting communication error 7-(car has failed Android auto security checks) and communication error 8-(The date and time are different on the unit than on the phone) I don't know how to fix any of these issues I've turned on USB debugging I've cleared the cash & storage of Android Auto and Google play services. I have also used official cables to connect my phone.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I don't know if anyone's going to see this but recently I've been having trouble with Android Auto connecting to the unit. I keep getting communication error 7-(car has failed Android auto security checks) and communication error 8-(The date and time are different on the unit than on the phone) I don't know how to fix any of these issues I've turned on USB debugging I've cleared the cash & storage of Android Auto and Google play services. I have also used official cables to connect my phone.
What version of Android?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ah i bet that's the problem. 11 broke so much with AA.

I tried on my older device that I was using Android 8 I believe but I still get the same communication errors. I even tried using Apple CarPlay on one of my family members' phones but it seemed to not work very well either it would keep freezing. it leads me to believe that there's something wrong with the unit.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I tried on my older device that I was using Android 8 I believe but I still get the same communication errors. I even tried using Apple CarPlay on one of my family members' phones but it seemed to not work very well either it would keep freezing. it leads me to believe that there's something wrong with the unit.
Indeed it does sound like the unit has a problem since it affects multiple phones and even car play. Have you tried to see if you have the latest firmware for navtool? They sometimes will send you one that isn't released yet. Another problem people spoke of was heat. Freezing can be indicative of overheating so just make sure it's not in a place where it may be doing so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Indeed it does sound like the unit has a problem since it affects multiple phones and even car play. Have you tried to see if you have the latest firmware for navtool? They sometimes will send you one that isn't released yet. Another problem people spoke of was heat. Freezing can be indicative of overheating so just make sure it's not in a place where it may be doing so.

I updated it when I first got it using the nav tool updater. I just received this product 2 days ago and so far everything except Android auto and carplay works I just filed it under warranty and hopefully it will get fixed soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Follow up for thread and other threads regarding Navtool. I would really like to purchase it. There are of course many negative reviews and BBB reports but it seems that the folks at NavTool have taken the feedback and have install videos and such out there and there are a few guys showing how they have done the install and that it works.

I could just have my phone sitting on the dash or even use a stand-alone carplay screen that I simply place on the dash in front of the MDX nav screen but i would really like to see the integration and not have my phone in hand.

For those of you that have used it, does it seem that they have gotten better and you are happy?

2007MDX w/Tech

21 - 40 of 46 Posts