Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to take an emissions test and the evap system is in "incomplete" status. Is has had 2 weeks of drive time since I accidentally cleared the DTC's with torque app.

The service manual states that I need to perform a function test with the honda HDS to set readiness.

Anyone run into this?

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Most states let you have one incomplete status on your readiness tests, so this might not be an issue. I'm not sure about IL emissions though.

Sometimes an evap issue is nothing more than the gas cap being a little loose, or having a worn gasket.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most states let you have one incomplete status on your readiness tests, so this might not be an issue. I'm not sure about IL emissions though.

Sometimes an evap issue is nothing more than the gas cap being a little loose, or having a worn gasket.

You are correct. I talked to my mechanic buddy and am allowed one system with incomplete status. Off to pass emissions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
An Evap function test is run with the HDS and will set the EVAP readiness to complete if it doesn't detect a leak or a problem with any of the Evap components. This test can be done at a dealership and shouldn't take more than half hour.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.