Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded in our 2011 MDX Tech Entertainment for a 2016 Advance Entertainment. I was surprised to find the screen in the 2016 isn't motorized anymore; having a button to deploy the screen was much easier than physically pulling it down. I smell cost cutting unless someone has a better idea?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was told by a sales person that it's a "counter-kids" measure who were still trying to pull the screens out by hands and kept breaking the mechanism. Not sure how much of it true or rather covering cost savings which I am seeing going on in other areas of the car, but sounds like a good enough excuse for me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Agreed, we have the non motorized screen and wonderful if the motorized screen never breaks down, but when it breaks down, it'll be a serious inconvenience in my week or month

I'd rather have the non motorized one anyday, the LCD panel itself is probably very reliable in and of itself.

Cost cutting? Yes, they got tired of warranty-ing all the broken motorized screens is my thought

·
Registered
837 Posts
I just traded in our 2011 MDX Tech Entertainment for a 2016 Advance Entertainment. I was surprised to find the screen in the 2016 isn't motorized anymore; having a button to deploy the screen was much easier than physically pulling it down. I smell cost cutting unless someone has a better idea?
I had the 2011 with the motorized screen. Kids and adults were always trying to open and close this by hand. I suppose a few were wrecked this way and Acura had to warranty the unit, though it was not their fault. I think manual is much better.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I had the 2011 with the motorized screen. Kids and adults were always trying to open and close this by hand. I suppose a few were wrecked this way and Acura had to warranty the unit, though it was not their fault. I think manual is much better.
Just like the rear hatch. Every time I have someone put something back there I have to watch them like a hawk. It has had to reset itself several times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts