Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their oil pressure switch on their own and not required a software update to resolve an intermittent low oil warning? I wonder if this update may have already done on a previous service or if would only be done for this sensor.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yep. My independent Honda /Acura guy did mine about 6 months ago and the warning light issue has gone away. And no dealer software update either.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had mine replaced this past January. Just the part; no software update needed. All good since.

·
Registered
6 Posts
diy?

I'm having this problem on my 2007 MDX. Any way to tell myself if the software will need updated?

I ordered the switch and thinking about trying to replace it myself.

What year did you guys have that didn't need the update?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
No need to update anything.. The problem is the Oil Pressure Sensor which is super easy to replace DIY. Mine had this issue just after buying it, Its not uncommon for these switches to go bad in a Honda/Acura.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No need to update anything.. The problem is the Oil Pressure Sensor which is super easy to replace DIY. Mine had this issue just after buying it, Its not uncommon for these switches to go bad in a Honda/Acura.
Mine has started to come on occasionally. I am checking the levels to be sure. But, Is there a write up going thru the procedure?

I looked under mine, and it is the R72. But the only picture I can find, seems to show it as I was looking at it from the direct back.

While looking at it, the is a green colored switch, which I think is that rocker arm oil switch(?). And I assume the faulty one is on the other side of it?

thanks

JJ

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Same situation.. Almost brand new and the oil pressure sensor began having problems, but the dealer change it and 100,000 miles after, still working..

AC

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have an intermittent low oil pressure warning on the MIL display and I am going to change out the sensor.
It has the R72 stamp on the block so I know which one to order, 37240-R72-A01 and o-ring 91319-R70-A01.
I called my independent shop to see what they say about programing, ex acura dealer guys and know the cars well, should call back today. In the interim I ordered the parts from Del Ray.

Okay, screwed that up, now the current tsb is attached and it does mention programing.
If mdx has 107k miles and programing was wrong it wouldn't have worked right from the start. Have a feeling it is just a failed sensor and replacement will put everything back to normal.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts