Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

7 Months into my MDX 2016 Certified used from the dealership, started using the AC like 30-40 days ago. Made a long trip to Arlington VA from Ottawa ON. Came back with a cracked windshield. Now i am hearing the engine noise from my vehicle. Noise as if it am driving in sports mode or something but my setup is in comfort mode. I have switched back and forth from the sports mode just to ensure i was in D gear and comfort settings but the same thing happens a few mins into my commute, side streets or highways dont matter, same outcome. Any similar issues?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
The term 'engine noise' is very general and vague.

You mentioned you started using the AC - are you implying that the noise you hear is related to it? If you turn off the AC do you still hear the noise?

You mentioned you have a cracked windshield. Is it still cracked or did you have the windshield replaced? Do you think the 'noise' might be related to the windshield?

If you have the vehicle idling with the AC on and you open the hood and listen closely do you hear a similar sound?

See if you can define the noise better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The term 'engine noise' is very general and vague.

You mentioned you started using the AC - are you implying that the noise you hear is related to it? If you turn off the AC do you still hear the noise?

You mentioned you have a cracked windshield. Is it still cracked or did you have the windshield replaced? Do you think the 'noise' might be related to the windshield?

If you have the vehicle idling with the AC on and you open the hood and listen closely do you hear a similar sound?

See if you can define the noise better.
Yes you are correct, its a vague term. Let's see

When i start to drive, the noise from the engine is normal, but after a few mins into my drive i hear my engine sound go up as if i was in Sports mode. This happens when i am with the AC working or with out it.

My Windshield crack is still there but now come to think about it, i should check if its enhancing the sound with a cracked screen.

Although i have an appointment with Acura on Friday for which they are charging me $137 for diagnostics, i want to avoid that at all costs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts