Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody replaced the active engine mounts yet for the 2014+? The VCM on/off are hard on these engine mounts on Honda and they are usually busted around 60K miles or so. These things aren't cheap, are they cover under powertrain warranty? I wish Acura had put a button to turn it off like the Idle Stop instead of driving in Sport mode.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Front engine mount was replaced on my 14 as a Goodwill by Acura, mine was around 55k when they replaced it due to excessive vibration related to VCM. I went with VCM muzzler to avoid further problems related to VCM, no noticable drop in MPG though.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Front engine mount was replaced on my 14 as a Goodwill by Acura, mine was around 55k when they replaced it due to excessive vibration related to VCM. I went with VCM muzzler to avoid further problems related to VCM, no noticable drop in MPG though.
Me too, i used to get 28mpg when cruising, now I got 26, but not really a big deal to me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess there are not many owners who have bad engine mounts. Or perhaps they aren't aware. I know in Honda the car would make a clunk noise when shifting from reverse (R) to drive (D). I still have the VCM Muzzler II from my totaled Odyssey.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts