Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the car is in gear there is a knocking-like sound when the engine is around 1200+/- RPM. This only happens when the car is in gear and does not happen if the car is in neutral or in park. It sounds a lot like piston slap but I can't say for sure. I brought it to the dealership and they said that the noise was odd but deemed it par for the course after supposedley hearing the same noise in another 2014 mdx with similar mileage.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Video?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Check this thread and see if this is what you are hearing:
https://www.mdxers.org/forums/94-third-generation-mdx-2014-present/161970-new-noise-engine-compartment.html

I was just at the dealer in the past couple of weeks and the service writer looked it up and said Acura Tech still does not have a fix. I think it's pretty clear what the issue is and any capable tech should be able to pinpoint the issue since it is belt driven. They obviously are not going to listen to me since I don't work there - the service writer really got an attitude when I suggest finding a tech who can diagnose without plugging it in. I will be pursuing this further in the next couple of weeks.

Also take a look at TSB 15-037

1 - 4 of 4 Posts