Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i been having this emission light on for like a year. I changed all components except for hoses from the canister to the valve. Hose look fine to me, couldnt fine anything on smoke test. Anyone has any idea on what it could be?.. i do sometimes once in a blue mean may range with rapidly drop 25-50 miles and then go back up after a while. Is this a common problem because my girl friend has a 14 tsx and has the same light going off. Codes are p0455 and p0456

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Instead of replacing parts blindly, do a proper diagnosis of the issue. You've got a large evap leak. Any reputable shop should be able to diagnose and find the culprit(s) easily with a proper scan tool by looking into sensor data and emulating various system conditions with vacuum as well as other tests to determine if the issue might be mechanical (stuck valve, for example). It's almost always significantly cheaper to properly diagnose the issue and fix it rather than throwing parts hoping it will solve the issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Instead of replacing parts blindly, do a proper diagnosis of the issue. You've got a large evap leak. Any reputable shop should be able to diagnose and find the culprit(s) easily with a proper scan tool by looking into sensor data and emulating various system conditions with vacuum as well as other tests to determine if the issue might be mechanical (stuck valve, for example). It's almost always significantly cheaper to properly diagnose the issue and fix it rather than throwing parts hoping it will solve the issue.
Went to 2 shops.. nothing was found but i still get the CEL..???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts