Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this problem with my emergency brakes. When I have it depressed, I shift the X in gear, drive or reverse, it doesn't matter, the X rolls. Isn't it that when your emergency brakes are depressed, it should not roll even if it's in gear as long as you don't step on the gas. Anyone else has this problem?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Probably a bitt too much slack in the cable...

The first detent (click) or two on the pedal might not be engaging the brake. You can ask the dealer's service dept to adjust this, should be a five minute fix.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have this problem too. It's most noticable when I launch my SeaDoo. With other SUVs, I've used the emergency brake to take the load off the transmission (i.e. set the brake first, then shift into Park), but it doesn't help with the X. The emergency brake won't hold it. And this is after the Seadoo is in the water and floating, so it's not pulling backwards on the X anymore. When I put it back in gear to pull forward off the ramp, there's some pretty loud and unsettling noises when I shift.

I'll be going in for the 15K service within a month and will mention it. Hopefully, no damage has been done and it's an easy fix.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks ghotie... it does make a loud noise when I shift it to gear after the X rolls abit. This happens whenever I park on a small hill. can you let me know how it goes when you bring it in... thanks man...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts