Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Acura emblem stolen last week. Also got keyed, probably the same jurks who stole the emblem.
I also got my 3.2 TL emblem stolen a few months ago.

So far, I had my 'X for 6 months and got a door ding on th first week, got rear ended on my second month, broke my windsheld on the forth month and now this...

Wondering how many of you folks got your MDX or any other Acura emblems got stolen???

What the hell do they do with these stolen emblems?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had the Acura emblems stolen off my Integra GSR and just ended up replacing them with the solid Red ones from the NSX. Since the idiots that stole left scratch marks and dents in the hood and trunk, the solid emblems covered it up nicely (they are also nice wax doesn't get caught in all the crevices of the silver logos). I actually got 2 extra pair in the garage just in case they got stolen again, but I don't have to worry about it anymore since I sold it. :(

If you want for about $20 a pair let me know...

I figured the people that stole it just wanted their Honda to look like an Acura or had theirs stolen...

·
Registered
411 Posts
WhiteMDX:

Paul123 has his emblem removed (on his signature line) ... may be you can strike a deal with him to get it.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
whitemdx said:
I just got my Acura emblem stolen last week. Also got keyed, probably the same jurks who stole the emblem.
I also got my 3.2 TL emblem stolen a few months ago.

So far, I had my 'X for 6 months and got a door ding on th first week, got rear ended on my second month, broke my windsheld on the forth month and now this...

Wondering how many of you folks got your MDX or any other Acura emblems got stolen???

What the hell do they do with these stolen emblems?
Living and working int he Silicon area like Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Mountain View...you think it is safe... Am really sorry that happened to you.

My parents just came back from their trip and to their horror discovered that someone had keyed their ENTIRE Lincoln Continental..We have a suspicious who did it...If I drive up there this Memorial Day weekend...SOMEONE WILL DEFINITELY be buried with the dead for what they done to my parents ride. I just do not understand what goes on in the minds of people that do things like that.

Well I hope you will get a chance to repair your X and replace the emblem.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Where were your emblems stolen? Was it at your house or at work or running an errand? What area of Silicon Valley? You got me worried!

A couple of weeks ago, the chrome valve caps on my tires got stolen. Pretty minor but still pissed me off. The MDX is in the garage during the night. I believe it happened at my wife's working place.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
GCK said:
WhiteMDX:

Paul123 has his emblem removed (on his signature line) ... may be you can strike a deal with him to get it.
I personally like the way the MDX looks without the MDX logo on the back. I actually have it on top of my monitor to my computer!
The emblem wasn't that easy to remove I would be surprised to see the MDX logo stolen it must have been the Acura Emblem which I believe is easier to remove.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Paul123 said:
WhiteMDX:

I personally like the way the MDX looks without the MDX logo on the back. I actually have it on top of my monitor to my computer!

I'm assuming it was the Acura 'A' (Engineer's Compass) that was stolen and not the MDX Logo.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Emerald01:

I don't know exactly where. It could be one of three places as you mentioned; home, work, or an errand. I don't check the logo constatnly so I can't trace it back exactly when...

We can't worry about these things too much. If those idiots want to steal something or damage our cars, there is not much we can do about it.

I hope that Acura engineers can make the emblems more difficult to remove so that these things can be prevented somewhat. I don't worry too much about the cost of the emblem. I worry about those idiots leaving huge paint damage when they are stealing it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The punks in our neighborhood are very consistent...

A while back, we lost front and rear emblems on an Integra and Accord.

Then, about two months ago, someone "theftasized" the emblems off of our ML320. We lost the big star in the front and the smaller one in the rear. Benz emblems costed about $35 for both front and rear and as I recall, the Honda and Acura logos totaled more than $50.

Hmm... maybe the next time the emblems are stolen, I'll try mix-matching emblem/car.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
proskunetes said:
The punks in our neighborhood are very consistent...

A while back, we lost front and rear emblems on an Integra and Accord.

Then, about two months ago, someone "theftasized" the emblems off of our ML320. We lost the big star in the front and the smaller one in the rear. Benz emblems costed about $35 for both front and rear and as I recall, the Honda and Acura logos totaled more than $50.

Hmm... maybe the next time the emblems are stolen, I'll try mix-matching emblem/car.
They have alarm system with built in sonar, which will activate alarm if anyone is within a foot of the vehicle. You might want to get this once they know the alarm will go off, they will not bother you anymore.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It looks like MDX's emblems are less expensive than I originally thought. I paid around $25 for both front and rear one. It was funny that one was made in USA and the other was in Canada. I remember that I paid more than $20 for my '98 TL's rear emblem. Probably that was from Japan.

I couldn't quite figure out how to mount the front emblem correctly. It didn't come with the adhesive substance like the rear one. It wouldn't snap on either. So if there is anyone who knows what to do, I sure would like to get some advices.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I haven't had an emblem stolen since I moved away from Miami (where they'll steal anything). My biggest fear is the damage that they can do to the vehicle just to get at the emblem - maybe that's why all those 'kids' like to take all the emblems off - it's not just for show!

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
We sell at least a dozen "Type S" emblems a week here on the net. I have no idea if they're being stolen, or people are just making their cars into something they're not :rolleyes:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well, the front emblem got stolen. Funny thing is I'm not that mad. I may have been more mad if they did some permanent damage but it was taken cleanly off. It must have been taken at my wife work again (see previous post). She has a clinic at a high school where she is a nurse practioner. I know this is not a safe parking lot because there are obviously a lot of teenagers around. But she does enjoy her job. I guess I'll be giving Tim a call.

Has anybody figured out how to put sensors on the factory alarm? It can't be that hard. I know the CL/TL groups have been doing this. If someone can tell me where the hood switch is I'll figure out if it's negative triggered and if it is, I'll tap into it and use an impact sensor.

Maybe I should post this in the electronics section, huh?

Here it is.

·
Registered
213 Posts
WHY?!?

I never could understand why people steal the emblems. I remember the fad back in the '80 (dating myself) when it was cool to wear a mercedes or cadillac emblem around your neck.

But no one wears them anymore! And as if emblem stealing isn't strange enough, I have a friend who lives in the Sunset district of San Francisco who's had her "H" logo stolen off her Honda Civic 3 times. She's sinced given up replacing it.

I'll never understand it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Not sure why either. What the heck are they going to do with it anyway? Another question, why did Acura make it so easy to take off? Is this a quick way for Acura/Honda to make some money?

Is it a coincendence that I posted on this thread before my emblem was stolen?

Anybody daring enough to post on this thread now?!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Just ordered the emblem from Tim. Very cheap for the front -about 5 bucks. Considered putting in a black chrome one from a TL but Tim said it was a different part number. But could maybe fit with modification. I think black chrome emblems would look pretty cool on the Nighthawk Black, starlight silver, Granite green and Emerald green. Too bad they don't make them for the MDX. But it would probably draw more attention for theft. Personally, I don't like the gold. I thought it was cool in 93!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Emerald01 said:
...Is it a coincendence that I posted on this thread before my emblem was stolen?

Anybody daring enough to post on this thread now?!
I wished you had posted the warning earlier! Now I have to figure out how to make sure my emblem doesn't disappear!:eek:

I know...I'll just steal my own emblem! :19:

·
Registered
46 Posts
The latest victim

We just returned from a wonderful ski trip. When we got home, we noticed that the front emblem is missing. We are not exactly sure when it got stolen, but we think it was when we stopped for dinner on the way back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts