Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm hoping someone can help with what I'm hoping is a simple issue. I'm getting trouble code P1268 High Voltage on a 2002 Acura MDX Touring. I'm aware that replacing the ELD is the most common fix. However, I can't find that part anywhere except used on Ebay. I'm kinda skeptical of getting it used. My question... Is there anybody out there who may know the part number or where I can find one new? Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
That was a new one to me, and I couldn't find anything about that error in the Acura service manual.

Then I figured out that (I'm guessing) you fat-fingered the code, and it's actually P1298.

If so (and even if not...) this should help:

Looks like an ELD replacement won't be fun (part of the fusebox). And at that point, I can't imaging using anything other than a used part (wouldn't want to guess what a new fusebox would cost from Acura)!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@habbyguy Yeah, I was going off memory and I guess the 9 got turned around in there lol. Anyways, thanks for replying and I did come across that guide you posted, but I'm not that technical. I might hurt the MDX and myself. I figured I'd try replacing the ELD and see what happens before throwing it in the shop. This is the second part I can't find for this MDX. You remember the sway bar bracket I had to get from the Pick-A-Part. I wonder what else is a hard find for this vehicle. I might consider letting it go down the line.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I'd at least go through the items that you can check without the HDS (which is, to me, a must-have to work on any Honda you're going to keep for more than a week or two). ;-) Do steps 3 through 6, and you just might get lucky. You don't need the HDS - just a voltmeter or even a 12 volt test light.

It's been my experience that sourcing parts for an MDX isn't really very difficult on the grand scheme of things. It IS an "older vehicle" at this point, and some parts may disappear but in general, using a properly removed junkyard part that isn't one with a reputation for failing is a pretty safe (and economical) bet. I'd certainly put a sway bar bracket in that category (about as reliable as a boulder, as long as it hasn't rusted out). ;-)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I'll give it a shot and report back if I have any luck or not. Thanks a bunch Habbyguy!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: I did as you suggested and got a voltmeter. There was power going to the ELD, so I took a trip to the Pick-A-Part again and got 4 of them from MDX's they had. The first one I put in seemed to have worked. The only codes that show now are from cylinder misfires, which is next on my list to tackle. Almost got my baby right! Thanks for your help. You are awesome!!! 👍

1 - 7 of 7 Posts