Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to have accessory mode installed, a local shop will do it for $200 which leaves the radio and rear entertainment when I turn off the car and turns off once I open the door. Newer model cars now have this feature.

I’m thinking a relay is installed from the door switch then the radio and rear entertainment is wired to the relay. Is this worth $200 to $250 worth of work?

I’m capable but just don’t know the wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Im pretty sure just pressing that engine start button once, without pressing the brake pedal, turns on Accessory mode. And alot of old vehicles has accessory mode when you turn the key to the 1 position.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im pretty sure just pressing that engine start button once, without pressing the brake pedal, turns on Accessory mode. And alot of old vehicles has accessory mode when you turn the key to the 1 position.

I'm talking about after turning the car off that I want these to remain on.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Like datechboss said. Foor off the brake press start button once, you get radio. Press it again and you get everything else.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Looking to have accessory mode installed, a local shop will do it for $200 which leaves the radio and rear entertainment when I turn off the car and turns off once I open the door. Newer model cars now have this feature.

I’m thinking a relay is installed from the door switch then the radio and rear entertainment is wired to the relay. Is this worth $200 to $250 worth of work?

I’m capable but just don’t know the wiring diagrams.
usmarinedelta,

I read this somewhere, but haven't try it yet. Maybe 15 minutes of "Car Wash mode" will serve your need.

Follow the procedure below to use a conveyor-style car wash where you or an attendant do not remain in the vehicle. Make sure the wiper lever is in the OFF position. You should inform the car wash attendant of this procedure.
1. With the engine running, press and hold the brake pedal.
2. Select (N), then release the button to display N (Neutral) hold mode on the multi-information display.
3. Press and hold (N) again for two seconds.

This puts the vehicle in car wash mode which must be used when your vehicle is pulled through a conveyor type automatic car wash where you or an attendant do not remain in the vehicle.

If the ENGINE START/STOP button is pressed after the car wash mode has been activated, the power mode will change to ACCESSORY and a message will be displayed on the Multi-Information Display.
• For 15 minutes the gear position remains in N and the power mode will remain in ACCESSORY. After that, the position automatically changes to P and the power mode changes to OFF.
• Manually changing to P cancels ACCESSORY mode. The P indicator comes on and the power mode changes to OFF. You must always shift to P when car wash mode is no longer needed

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm talking about after turning the car off that I want these to remain on.
Whatever I said works, because you cannot lock the vehicle in accessory mode. I tried this few times and it works. For these to remain on, you need to have a battery trickler or something to keep charging the battery otherwise the battery will be drained. There is always a 15 minute of use before the vehicle will automatically shut off to conserve battery life.

Even in Wash mode, its only up to 15 minutes because of the same reason.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you have a shifter knob, you can hold the release button in P while pressing the Start button and it will turn the engine off and leave the car in ACC mode but I think it will leave it in ACC mode until you press Start another couple of times. I'm not sure if the electronic button shifter has the same feature.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Knowing that some cars allow the stereo to remain on after car turned off is a thing, I guess it’s up to you if that is something worth 200 bucks to you.

Personally I never really cared for it, but what would be nice is the windows still going up until only the drivers door is opened. Too often I’m rolling up the windows to have my wife open her door and they stop... minor annoyance, but still.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts