Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2007 mdx with around 110k on the odometer. Issue started a week ago after a good rain storm. Car would not unlock with the fob. Car wouldn't lock using the door buttons either. Other then that wouldn't work were no wipers, turn signals, windows, and a few other things. After it sat a good hot day while at work I got back in it and everything returned to normal. Fast forward to last night, after another rain at night the problem returned. Fob doesn't work, no windows, no unlocking or locking, etc. if you open and close the door the driver side lock will try to lock two times. Also if you sit in the car you can hear a static noise coming from somewhere, and something try to move down near the gas pedal? Maybe the recycle door for the ac? Car will start though. Dash works, navi works, radio works. Started messing with the sub harness in the driver door(coincidence)? Some functions did start to work again. Windows, lights, sun roof. Locks still don't work, gas flap doesn't open. And now to top it all off it has also killed the
battery. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Water on rear fuse box. Foam gets wet from 3 plastic connectors for flashing on the left rear hatch flashing. Factory seal on those fails and allows water to drip onto foam in left rear fender and that drips onto your rear fuse box. Causes all the electrical issued you listed. I chased that ghost for 2 years and many trips to dealer that could not fix. 2010 MDX.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Second poster is bang on. Had same problems too.check my other post on water leak issue to other poster. Details the fix. Pin me if you have questions. Happy to help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Water on rear fuse box. Foam gets wet from 3 plastic connectors for flashing on the left rear hatch flashing. Factory seal on those fails and allows water to drip onto foam in left rear fender and that drips onto your rear fuse box. Causes all the electrical issued you listed. I chased that ghost for 2 years and many trips to dealer that could not fix. 2010 MDX.
This seems to match the drive environment (Florida rains) and the failure symptoms exactly, so I think I should take a look at the rear fuse box. How do I access it? 2010 MDX std.

thanks,
Nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts