Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's been raining like crazy in FL so I think it's the reason while this is going on...
2009 MDX 130K

Scenario 1: power locks open & close don't work; turn signals don't work; AC compressor does not kick in, blowing hot air; power mirrors don't work; radio station presets are gone.

Scenario 2: power tailgate open light on; power door lock close doesn't work;

The 2 scenarios flip flop when I'm driving but do not overlap.

Where do I start looking? Fuse box looks dry, battery is charged-terminals are good.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Reactions: PRGonzalez

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I woke up this morning and everything is working normal, things must have dried.
I look on the roof seam and there is some degeneration of the rubber part just above the driver window. I put some tape on it to cover it.
It rained today but not as bad but no issues so far with the tape on. I'm encouraged and feel like this might the issue. I'll leave the tape on for another day and will get some marine sealant this weekend to path it up.
Thanks PKRFACE.

I'll take some pics for future reference

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had driver's side door harness replaced to fix power locks, windows, sunroof, and power hatch. There is a fuse/relay box in the rear hatch on the driver's side that can get wet from the roof rail or the hatch harness. My box short circuited and rusted. Luckily the ACURA district management approved the repair outside of warranty. I put a shopping bag over it in case the roof leaks again.

I don't think it is either of the issues I had since you have more stuff going wrong but these things are not rare in our SUVs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts