Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used or know anything about these two replacement suspension systems? They are only a fraction of the cost of replacing with OEM but are still pricy. They both replace the Advance electronic system and include an electronic bypass module so there are no warning light.

These are Strutmasters:

These are Arnott Industries:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Has anyone used or know anything about these two replacement suspension systems? They are only a fraction of the cost of replacing with OEM but are still pricy.
Fraction of the cost? A full OEM set of two front assemblies and rear shocks cost me USD 700 taxes in.

The first link suggests over a grand before the tax. Besides the Strutmasters kit is notoriously bad. Basically, there is nothing better you can buy for the MDX that costs the same or less than OEM in terms of dampers. Why would you buy an inferior more expensive third party product over a cheaper OEM one? And resistors will run you about $20 at most.

·
Registered
793 Posts
This worked for me, for the past 4 years, during which I read about new Strutmasters Kits failing:
2007 - 2013 MDX ADS to non-ADS parts list and suppliers:

mouser dot com front 2 ea. 5 ohm 71-cp00105r000je14 resistors

rear 2 ea. 2 ohm 71-cp00102r000ke14 resistors

Any Acura oem online discount parts supplier: front left assy 51601-stx-a06

front right assy 51602-stx-a06

Rockauto dot com 2ea rear KYB shocks #349025

2 ea front end links AC Delco #88876421

Acura online parts at about 32% off, but the shipping costs vary:

hondapartsunlimited dot com Phoenix, AZ

newoempartsonline dot com Savanh, GA

bernardiparts dot com Boston, MA

acurapartsforless dot com New Jersey

acuraexpressparts dot com Chicago, iL

oemacuraparts dot com Peoria, AZ

macchurchill dot com Ft Worth, TX

acurapartshq dot com Las Vegas, NV

acuraoemparts dot com DelRay Beach, FL

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
Has anyone used or know anything about these two replacement suspension systems? They are only a fraction of the cost of replacing with OEM but are still pricy. They both replace the Advance electronic system and include an electronic bypass module so there are no warning light.

These are Strutmasters:

These are Arnott Industries:

These aftermarket ADS are completely junk and ripped off. If you spend that amount of money on those guys you are much better off getting the real OEM from Acura.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts