Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the symptoms of leaking shocks? I have an 08 and the ride on comfort mode is okay except the fronts bottom out easily in comfort mode. In sport mode every thing seems ok. The fronts make a rattling noise going over speed bumps in comfort mode that would make me think if I had a standard shocks they are loose. From reading other threads on these shocks that rattle might be an indication they are leaking.

I got my notice about the free replacements under 100K at 104,000 miles though I complained about the easy bottoming out at 97,000. Has anyone looked into rebuilding this type shock?

I have been reading that its better to switch over to conventional shocks but I assume that would be all 4. I really enjoy the ability to switch the ride and would like to know all of my options before abandoning they factory system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Common problem, I had the same and switched them out. I have one front left, replaced under warranty, with only 13k miles on it if you are interested in buying it. Price from Acura is 1000$ per front. Yikes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts