Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been following for a while but this is my first post

So my 2009 acted up today, was driving home from work, the drive includes uphill, down hill, twist, turns, off road, nothing my MDX can't handle. Well today I went to pass a car probably hit 85mph then got a jerk, stall, thud thud thud, dash lights, radio, interior electrical went nuts flashing, gauge needless bounced crazy, everything went to dashes and zeros, all while driving. I managed to get a video after pulling over for a minute. Almost 4.2 min into the drive boom, everything hit again sporadic. The lights that stayed on are check emissions system. Check engine light. And A/T Temp Hot.
Can anyone give me anything on this. Getting ready to take her to the dealer now... but man this is devastating.
I'll try to post the videoNew video by Cayd Hunsucker

·
Registered
2008 MDX Tech+Power Tail Gate, Sterling Gray
537 Posts
My first impression is electrical:

1. Check battery posts for chemical corrosion/oxidation.
2. Check battery grounding cable from corrosion.
3. Check alternator, it could de going bad.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a similar issue happen when one of my battery clamps (can't remember if positive or negative) got stretched over time. I believe the stretching happens from over tightening. So randomly the electrical system would freak out and engine jerk while driving as the clamp would momentarily connect and disconnect from the battery. Solution was a cheap lead shim that goes over the battery post to thus fill in the gap.

TLDR check for loose battery clamps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts