Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't go with touring model for Bose system primarily because 2 yrs ago when shopping for sporty sedan, the Bose system Nissan has in Maxima SE blows away Bose system in Acura TL (I bought the SE). Figured $2,600 wouldn't get me a decent enough sound system in MDX.

So now I'm ready to upgrade the system that came with my base MDX (I've owned my MDX for 52 hours as of this post, and am already fed up with lame audio).

Should I go with the Infinity 652I speakers or Pioneer TS-A1665 speakers?

What's the best subwoofer to replace the wannabe woofer that is so cruel to my ears?

Has anyone had an amp added? If so, what model?

And what about the player itself...does anything aftermarket exist to replace it? If I do replace it, do I void my warranty on other electronic items?

-Jedi MDX Knight

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Unless you want to turn it over to a pro shop, I would start with the speakers. I am just waiting for my X, but there hasn't been a car I've owned that I didn't upgrade the sound system.

The consensus on this forum is to go with the Inifinitys. Apparently, there is a marked improvement, but you will probably be inclined to do more once you get use to the incremental improvememt.
Do lots of searches you will find several variations of mods. The Infinity's appear to be a place to start.

I don't know if I would do much more myself, because as soon as I get in the house my home system takes me back to the future. It will take a lot to even approach that. The Mark Levinson in the Lexus is probably close. Gets down to how much time you spend in the car, and how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
446 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts