Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You all may already know this because I'm new maybe I have'nt seen the post. I ordered Zaino today from Eckers because I'm not a patience person. I have seen many of you state that Eckers is a dollar higher than Zaino brothers direct. If you look closely at the Eckers site it says they will beat any prices. Well, today I called them and they did just that. They even beat the shipping price. I ordered 175.00 of Z and based on weight I paid 6.76 in shipping and saved 3.00 on product costs. I know this is not mega $$ here people but for me the thought of Z'ing my car in 3 days or less just makes me giddy. When I called the Zaino brothers today in NJ to ask about a dist in my area the guy was well, not out of his way friendly and I told him about our haven here and i could'nt hardly wait to get the prod, was there a dist. in GA he said NOPE and I was'nt the first person that told him they needed it yesterday! Well, when I called Eckers I spoke with Chuck and he raved about Zaino'ing his wifes Jeep and his Nissan and how much he loved it and how smart I was for chosing Zaino.:4: Needless to say I liked Chuck a lot.:D Well my Dh had a order form filled out and we piled out the 180 total for all the Z products and I'll have my fix in 72 hrs or so. I just wanted to pass along you can get Z for the same and a tick better than direct and shave a few days shipping time if you cared to. Now Chuck said that you have to ask them to prod. price match and they will, but there not gonna ask you. Also, don't forget the shipping match as well. Sorry if I've duplicated prev post like I said I'm new here so don't shoot down a well meant post;) Happy zzzzzz'ing everyone.

BTW, I did ask Chucks premission to post his name and ext. 418 you can get the 800 number at the site.

·
Registered
715 Posts
woodards....you may want to post the URL for this site in case people have trouble finding "Eckers".....especially since the 800 # you reference is also on the site.

Enjoy your Zaino!:cool:

·
Registered
327 Posts
The name of the company is ECKLER'S (with an L)and the url is www.ecklers.com. It is a parts, service and detailing store for Corvettes based in FL. I called them today and ordered almost the entire Zaino line for 2 day delivery so I can Zaino my new 'X this weekend. Chuck was great and thinks Zaino is the best and even says so to his best friend who owns Pinnacle! He'll give you 10% off the prices listed on their website. It is not much of a money savings over ordering directly from Zaino but it sure is convenient and fast. Phone number is 800-327-4868 Chuck is x418.

BTW, Chuck was reluctant to sell me the Zaino glass cleaner product because he didn't know if the X tinted windows were coated or if the tint was between the laminations. Can anybody answer that question?

·
Registered
715 Posts
R...thanks for the info....

Z12 Glass Polish is really that....and contains mild abrasives. It has an acetone smell to it, is very chalky and you need to let dry to a haze before buffing off.

It works great on my home shower stall glass, but I fail to see the need or desire to use it on any interior vehicle glass.

There are much better solutions available.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
R Stevens

Thanks for posting further info for me. I did'nt know if I was suppose to put all that in. Some sites get upset about advertising like that. As for the misspelling well that's my fault. I'm really glad you talked with Chuck he is a firm believer in Zaino, but did he tell you he's only put one "coat" on? He's not layering the coats, I think since talking w/dh he will be though. He said it gets better? He told me about his friend with Pinnacle too. He said he's been working there for 14 years and when Zaino first come out you could'nt give it away but everyone including him has found it to be the best they've ever used. He even offered a suggestion on drying with a baby's cloth diaper. Says there the perfect size and 100% cotton in his HO. And I agree with you R the $ is'nt what will get people buying from them it's the fact that you can get it over the phone and have it in a couple of days and basically not pay anymore that ordering direct. Hey did he match the shipping for you too? Mine should be here tomorrow I can't wait. .................Tammy

·
Registered
327 Posts
Tammy,
Chuck was pleased that you had posted your experience on this site. That is why I volunteered the phone number. Yes, he was willing to match the shipping price, but I wanted delivery by this weekend. It cost $24 for order placed Tuesday and guaranteed delivery on Thursday from FL to VA. BTW, I ordered a lot of the other detailing stuff discussed in this forum such as the California Duster, drying blade, etc.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
"BTW, I ordered a lot of the other detailing stuff discussed in this forum such as the California Duster, drying blade, etc."

Duster is simply awesome, I use it between washings and has been a great addition to my detailing supplies. We have had a very heavy pollen season, and my duster is actually turning yellow at the edges. Remember to not use it when your X is hot, it will leave parraphin streaks that you will have to wipe off with Z6.

The water blade, it also awsome, BUT, be VERY careful with it. I only use it on windows. It is very easy to get a small dirt particle stuck on it and if you drag it along the car....scratch city. The particle can be so small you will not even see it. This happened to me with a previous car. Took multiple layers of Z5 to correct/cover the scratch.

BTY, be carefull with Zaino...it is VERY addictive! I have gone from a doubter to a huge proponent. My three month old MDX currently sports 13 layers!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Eeeeeeewww! Not "cotton" diapers. :28: Use 100% cotton terry cloth towels (http://fieldcrestcannonoutlet.site.yahoo.net/index.html)

So called cotton diapers have polyester threads that can scratch your car. Try this. Light the thread on the diapers with a lighter or match and if the burnt thread emits a black wisp of smoke and shrivels up like me in a cold Chicago winter, ya got polyester. :eek:

·
Registered
715 Posts
BTW, Pinnacle did pretty well in the GuruReports Wax Test and was one of the top rated carnaubas.

Very little difference, if any, between their super duper expensive Souveran line and their mainstream Glaz line.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Zaino is here!! I can't wait to give my new baby a bath and polish her up. My car is so dirty I did'nt want anything on it but Zaino so I have been waiting to wash it. I'll let you know my results. I loved ordering from Ecklers they were fast and friendly. I'll post some pic's of my Bk/Bk Zainoed X.

·
Registered
392 Posts
R Stevens said:
...........BTW, I ordered a lot of the other detailing stuff discussed in this forum such as the California Duster, drying blade, etc.
I bought the drying blade at costco for $12.95, and have also bought the duster there too a couple of years back. Worth checking them if you are interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts