Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Earn your wings as a Hondacuraworld Test Pilot!

3K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  sgtglok 
#1 ·
I have the opportunity to become a distributor for Lexol leather products, and I need somebody to test-pilot their line of cleaners and conditioners. Now, this job is not for the brand-new MDX interior (it's not dirty yet!), I need somebody with a leather interior that really needs cleaning and conditioning (but not totally beyond help).

Post your qualifications and you may earn your wings!

#3 ·
Tim,

Can the vehicle be other than an Acura or Honda? I have an '82 Mercedes Benz 300D with leather that needs cleaning and conditioning(it's always parked outside exposed to weather variations). Parts of the leather does look old.

#5 ·
Tim:

I'd like to state my case with three kids (2,4 & 11 years old), we've had the MDX for 14 months and coming up on 15,000 miles.

I think the kids alone with there ability to occasionally spill juice, pop, milk and snacks on the seats exceeds the normal abuse of the leather. In addition we have played in the snow this winter and loaded up the kids after being in the mud and rain to cut down our christmas tree this past christmas.
Though we try to maintain and help in avoiding to "dirting" up the MDX it's part of having kids and the normal occurrances of commuting and recreational use of our MDX. The Pacific NW climate would a good environment to test the Lexol products.

I'd be happy to be a "test pilot" for the Lexol leather products on our MDX.:p

#8 ·
Tim,

those Lexol products, are they an auto line or all-around leather products? (living room couch, etc)

Any idea on a non-test-pilot pricing, bottle sizes, etc.

Do I smell a group buy??? :D

#9 ·
I can answer all of that with one blanket statement:

"I dunno."

Too early to tell. I'm sure the Lexol can be used on any leather good. I've been using Zaino leather stuff on my wife's Volvo 960 (which is approaching 160,000 miles). I'd test pilot it myself, but what good is it to test pilot if you're the one selling the plane? :D :D

#10 ·
I would like to sign up for this.....

My son sprayed some waterpfoofing spray meant for Goretex materials that I bought from the store back in December. I have unsuccesfully remove the spotted spray stains on the leather. I have tried almost every cleaner in my local auto parts store to no avail. I would like to try Lexol, I have not tried this brand to date but I have seen their products advertised in car mags. Let me know if you want me to be a participant. I probably need this product anyways I'm a few weeks away from finishing my Audio Video install and with the extensive use of fiberglass, body filler and hand sanding this X will be one filthy beast before it returns to it's beauty state again.

#12 ·
Not sure if these are right for you but....

I have a 65 Pontiac convertible with a red/white leather interior that has been restored in the past 5 years, and an 83 Buick convertible with an original burgundy leather interior that I am the original owner of, and it is still like new. I also have a 72 Plymouth with black vinyl that has been reupholstered in the past 5 years. All are garaged year round in a climate controlled garage.

The convertibles see a lot of direct sunlight in the summer months. I use sunscreen and moisturizers on them yearly. So, they aren't new, but they win awards, so they still look good.

Exactly what type of test are you looking for?

#14 ·
May I suggest a BEIGE tester be found...

At the Chicago Autoshow the MDX with the beige interior was looking a bit shabby. Mind you, the Mercedes with beige actually looked filthy.

Interestungly the Acuras (all on the floor, not just MDX) had a sticker on their Monroney that said they were delivered to/property of Honda America, where they would usually have a dealer name.

The Mercedes did have the names of dealers on the Monroney.

It could mean that Acura does not intend to trust the dealers to recondition the vehicles before sale and will do it themselves, or maybe just a difference in the way MB does things...

#15 ·
Tim,

Have used it several years on my Porsche (cleaner and conditioner). Great products. Am sure you will get some tests here, but may want to look at a BMW or Porsche board for thier comments. I am a member on Porsche Pete's Boxster board, and there have been numerous threads on subject. Some like Zymol better, but have seen few (any?) negatives to Lexol line. FYI lnk is http://www.986board.com/board/986board.htm

#16 ·
Speaking as someone who has spent WAY too much on the bimmer board, I can say Lexol is a favorite. In addition to their leather cleaner and conditioner, their "Vinylex" is a great product for the interior non-leather surfaces.

www.bimmer.org if you want to wander over.

#17 ·
TIM,

A 1995 Infiniti Q45 with 100,000 New Jersey sooty miles on it. Parked outside since new. Leather has only been cleaned by butts - human and cigarette kinds.

The color is a medium tan (I think underneath). The pen marks are especially attractive.

The rear headrests have begun to crack on the back, I could go on. If you think my baby would qualify for the test, I;ll send the photos.

Have added an Acura Integra for my daughter since the MDX which is still a slightly wind noisy dream truck.

#19 ·
Flight Attendant !!

Tim,

Our X is new [2 mos, less than 1600 miles] with Saddle interior. You have a bunch of test pilot volunteers, so thought I could offer service as a flight attendant:

(1) Just bought Lexol products [leather and vinyl] so flight attendants already are properly equipped.

(2) We can treat new interior and see how well it does to protecting from stuff I just read about.

ONLY ONE PROBLEM, seems our X is sick. It's at the Acura doc, don't know for how long. Could try the Lexol on the TL loaner interior [it needs it] BUT ....

Anyway, flight attendants willing to support test flight .. Barb n Steven

#20 ·
I Use Lexol

The Acura dealer here in Long Island sells Lexol Cleaner for abot $15 for the cleaner and $15 for the protector.

I bought the same ones from a local store, AutoBarn, for half the price.

I have 2 small kids and massive milk stains in the back seat and the Lexol is just excellent on it.

I highly recommend it to anyone.

Mush

#21 ·
My Acura is 2 months old, with black interior. We bought the Lexol products (cleaner and conditioner) first, then bought the Zaino products.

My son ended up doing the car with the Zaino products, because it has a leather smell to it (they claim it has leather oils in it). He also thought the Lexol cleaner was harder to put on, because they want you to create a lather first. He had only done a small area before the Zaino stuff arrived. I know he did a great job because it really looks nice.

I know the Lexol product has been out there for a long time and people have always recommended it. What I really would be interested in is not which product cleans the best, but which product keeps the leather looking and feeling the best and preventing cracks, as well as lasting the longest.

#22 ·
I bought Lexol, both Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, for $20 about 5 months ago, and have been using them once a month on my seats. Very nice! The Cleaner (clear gel) does not leave any residue or greese and takes seconds to dissolve. The Conditioner (yellow gue) smells like an oatmeal (smells Natural, not chemical) ;) Other than smell, it goes in as easily only seconds after application, and leaves the seats nice and shiny. And it softens the leather, so it won't crack. I think those using sheep skins on the seats should definetely use this product regularly!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.