Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I KNOW YOU CAN EASILY GET THAT @ A 3RD PARTY SHOP BUT WHY ARE THEY OFFERING IT ON THE PILOT AND NOT THE MDX... AND IT SEEMS LIKE THE PILOT IS EXACTLY THE SAME ACCEPT FOR THE HONDA EMBLUM ON THE FRONT... SAME ENGINE SAME AMOUNT OF HORSE POWER ... WHATS UP WITH THIS... DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE MSRP ...

·
Registered
411 Posts
What is "THAT"

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
mymdxisthebest said:
I KNOW YOU CAN EASILY GET THAT @ A 3RD PARTY SHOP BUT WHY ARE THEY OFFERING IT ON THE PILOT AND NOT THE MDX... AND IT SEEMS LIKE THE PILOT IS EXACTLY THE SAME ACCEPT FOR THE HONDA EMBLUM ON THE FRONT... SAME ENGINE SAME AMOUNT OF HORSE POWER ... WHATS UP WITH THIS... DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE MSRP ...
Perhaps your MDX isn't the best after all? Just kidding!

The Pilot RES system would probably not fit in the MDX because the MDX's moonroof would get in the way. For more about the Pilot vs. the MDX, and why the Pilot's "moonroof" doesn't get in the way of the RES, please see this thread:

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5727

·
Registered
110 Posts
From this weekend's USA Today:

If Honda dealers eschew markups, those attributes are available for $27,000 to $34,000.

Pilot is based on Honda's Acura MDX luxury SUV. It shares 67% of parts. And they are the good parts: sophisticated V-6, slick-shifting five-speed automatic transmission, capable VTM-4 four-wheel drive, well-designed chassis. What you see and touch, though, is uniquely Honda.

67% is significantly less than a hood ornament/emblum.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I guess that Entertainment system became popular since 2002 and Acura has not re-designed MDX to add entertainment yet. May be 2003?
On the other hand, you can choose only one between Navi and DVD on Pilot or Odassy. If that is how it will be offerred on MDX, I'll still choose Navi over DVD. Then go for an after market DVD system.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
If the MDX is offered with Navi or DVD, even if one chooses Navi, with the new reverse camera accessory, it would be easily modified to accomodate a third party DVD player/changer. Currently, for the Navi to take video, it's still very "custom".

·
Registered
570 Posts
Well, for all the people saying they're the same.....................
"There’s not a single panel of sheetmetal, nor a single pane of glass, shared with the up-market Acura model ... :eek:
I think that says alot. It would be cheaper to produce some same panels, glass, etc. I think same engine can be a smart thing. Easier to get parts, aftermarket parts, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts