Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the DVD Entertainment System that comes with the 2003, can the sound be played through the speakers. Or can it only be heard from the wireless headsets?

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
both I believe

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's actually a very slick system. The headphones will follow the source selected on the right hand display on the head unit (labeled "rear"). If this source is different than what is selected on the left display of the head unit (labeled "front"), then it turns the back speakers (including sub) off, so that the rear speakers aren't distracting the people in back with the headphones. It's not just limited to the RES system. The rear passengers can also listen to the radio, CD, or cassette independently of what the front listeners are playing through the front speakers. You can even listen to two separate audio CDs by putting one of them in the DVD player. If you turn the rear system power off, all speakers will follow the source selected for the front (but you must have rear power on to use the RES).

It sounds complicated and it's confusing for the first couple of days, but after that you'll appreciate the great level of functionality it has. It integrates VERY well into the factory audio system. This is the main reason that we went with the factory installed RES instead of saving money by going aftermarket.

Chris

·
Registered
125 Posts
The only speaker I can verify for you is the sub and it is an Alpine. The stereo is Matsus-h-i-ta (Panasonic). I'm not sure about the RES components.

Chris

Note that I had to use - inbetween some letters because it thinks I'm trying to use a bad word (doh!)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'll back xyzzy up on this one. I like my factory installed RES. Its very user-friendly.

·
Registered
76 Posts
2002?

If you have a 2002 MDX, can you buy the parts from the Acura dealer and put them in the 2002, but using the parts of the 2003? Or would you guys recommend going with an aftermarket system?:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts