Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I remember reading about a wind noise from the driver's window pillar, but I can't find the thread.

Anyway, I recently experienced severe noise from the driver's window pillar while driving about 75 mph with a strong quartering headwind. My air speed was probably at 100 mph. The noise was similar to what you get from blowing across the top of an empty wine bottle, but much louder.

I seem to remember that the pillar extends as an open channel under the body and the fix is to plug the opening with foam or something similar.

Can anyone point me to the thread where this was discussed or help me with this problem?

Thanks and Regards, Greyskr

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Do a search for "kazoo" and it'll be in one of those threads. I believe DMor posted the actual fix.

·
Registered
312 Posts
No Kazoo on the 02!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Kazoo problem

I experienced the "Kazoo problem" (loud kazoo like noise coming from driver side 'A' pillar or window area) for 10 hours in my 2002 MDX this past weekend. Extremely frustrating.

I have read of modifications by individuals, however have not seen a posting where the dealer actually identified the problem and made a successful repair.

Has anyone had luck with a dealer repair of the Kazoo problem?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts