Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve searched the threads and can’t locate someone that had my exact issue. The driver door window (only) will not roll down. All other windows work fine, the master switch in the drivers door operates all the windows just fine as well. When I push the drivers window button I can hear a click same when I pull the switch up. So that leads me to believe it’s getting power so I don’t need the check fuses or the harness. I’m think regulator is inoperable. Whatcha think?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
if you're hearing a clicking noise when trying to open the window, I'd say a gear is likely stripped out on the regulator.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really a clicking noise...an ever so slight single tick. It’s hard to explain. I can I see the electrical pull as the dome light does a dime for a second. Again, hard to explain but my point is that it’s getting juice at the switch, I believe.

·
Registered
473 Posts
it is more then likely the window Motor that is at fault. The regulator is seperate and is controlled by a cable /pulley system. You can purchase them seperatley or as a unit. 75.00-170.00

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but this is the exact issue we have with our 2007, driver front window inop. Prior to it failing it would do some weird stuff like when traveling up via auto up, it would reverse when it got about 2" from closed. Mechanic said click indicated master switch (Driver front) likely ok and when they bypassed switch to supply power signal to motor, no repsonse so regulator/motor assy. it is. These are NOT separately serviceable, it's one assy. Save $92 and ordered on oemacuraparts.com... PN 72250-STX-A01 (retail is $309, same as Napa) and my mechanic is doing it as a labor job, along with a timing belt replace and oil pump replace/reseal. PW replacement labor is $330 so the PW repair alone is $550 :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts