Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post pertains to my 2002 Acura MDX.
While attempting to remove the drivers vent outlet to repair a broken tab, I broke the assembly. I ordered a new outlet from Acura of Tempe through their website.This is part #77630-S3V-A02ZB. When the part came I discovered it was for the right side, not the left(driver) side. I called the Acura parts mgr in Tempe and he offered to exchange it for the correct one.
They shipped another one of the part number shown above, which is the correct number for the left side. Guess what? I got a new, unopened part with the above part number and it is for the right side also.
I am making the 30 mile drive to my local Acura dealer tomorrow to see if I can straighten this out, but wondered if anyone else had encountered this. I can understand how one might get mislabeled, but two??????

I later discovered there is an aftermarket A/C adjustment tab that replaces the troublesome OEM ones that break easily. Had I known it ahead of time, all this could have been avoided.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Is there a Tempe in South Carolina (there's one just a few miles from me in Arizona).

Anyway, yes - it seems like nearly everyone is opting for the Ebay replacement tabs. They are much (!) stronger than the (weak!!!) Acura part, and a whole lot less money and hassle - it takes longer to unwrap them than it does to install them. But if you've only got one broken tab, a new "factory" vent will at least leave you with a matching set...

... until the other ones break! ;-)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it is Tempe Az. When I googled Acura parts their website was the one that kept popping up and the only one where I could find the part. After the first one, I talked with the Parts Mgr there and he double checked the part number and we ordered another one, only to find it is also the right side rather than the drivers side. If you zoom in on the part shown in the web picture you can see that the fixed vents are pointed right instead of left. I did not look at that until the 2nd goof.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts