Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone notice that when stopping and starting the drivers seat has play in it and moves slightly
It seems to be worse than it was a year ago
Going to go to dealer and see what they say.
I looked under seat and nothing is rolling around or seems everything under there is tight.
I'm thinking it's the tracks
Ty
Allan

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
^^ That's for previous gen MDXs.

I haven't noticed anyone else post here about an issue with a loose seat on the third gen MDX and mine (2014) isn't loose after 2 years and 23K miles.

I do have a somewhat loose seat in a different vehicle and that's due to some worn bushings in the power seat mechanism and not the tracks.

Definitely have the dealer take a look at it and don't take an 'it's normal' for an answer unless they can show you several others on the lot that behave the same way. A loose seat could be caused by something that could be dangerous at some point so the cause needs to be determined.

Please post back what they conclude for the benefit of others reading this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes same here my 2007 mdx moves slighly when i gas up suddenly. Ita not as bad so I don't worry too much. Let me know how you fixed it thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took it to dealer yesterday for 2 recall issues .when I picked it up the service rep said the seat is ok !
Duh
It feels like something slightly moves under the seat when braking or taking off

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2014 and reported it to the dealer in January 2015 and they said they couldn't feel it. I took it back to them a couple of weeks ago and this time they said they could easily feel it so they replaced the entire drivers seat. So happy now as that little movement was driving me crazy!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had my seat track and frame replaced under warranty today .
1900.00 part but they changed it and no more seat movement when driving.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
^^ Thanks for the feedback on the solution to this. My seat is fine but if it becomes loose it's good to know your experiences.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2014 MDX drivers seat moves while braking

i recently went to paragon acura in december for drivers seat moving backwards upon acceleration from standstill. supposedly they fixed it for all of a couple of days and now i returned in january for the seat moving but now the damn seat moves when braking. i could not replicate for service technician so nothing was done this time. Surely as i returned home the next 2 days the seat is now moving forward and backward.. they claimed to have replaced the railes in december 2016. but they also said my car was detailed with som any swirl marks remaining upon pick up.. so i dont know what to believe. the actual technician said the rails where repalced and that it appears to be normal..this just doesnt feel right.when he seat is lowered its ok but in a heightened position is roller coaster city

·
Registered
2 Posts
i went to dealer for very similar thing they said they replaced the rails. the seat does the rocking when in heightened position.. now it rocks back and forth upon braking.. how do i get them to replace the whole seat. they gave me a 2017 loaner damn car was quiet and seat rock solid

1 - 10 of 10 Posts