Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for any assistance in helping me to get from point A to point B with my 06 Touring?
PROBLEM: The driver's seat is inoperable. The slide forward and back as well as the up/down/tilt does not work. Only the lumbar infiltrator motor functions.
I first checked the fuse and replaced.
I've taken the control module switch out and placed it on the passenger side and found it works fine.
It's hard to believe that all the motors themselves went out at the same time?
Baffled & seeking help!:frown2:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If all motors are disabled, either one of main fuses in underhood or both under-dash fuses. Which did you check?

Also it is possible for both wires (blu and red) to be cut by same incident since they are likely routed together. Check for power on blu and red at the driver's switch panel. If power is missing, door jumper is a common location for wire faults.

See attached wiring diagram.

good luck

Attachments

Reactions: pop4guns

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks TexasHonda! A better start than what I had.
Already checked under the hood fuse (seems to be only one) plus the under-dash fuses (#s 2 & 4). All 3 show no breaks or burns and even after swapping out with "known" good fuses, seat still fails to function.
Not sure about "door jumper"? Please explain where it is and what I'm to look for?
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Door jumper is a bundle of wires in a rubber conduit that bridges from door jam on front to door at the hinge side. Suggest viewing some youtube videos by South Main Auto. I remember one on door jumper repair.

A good idea is to check for damage to the wires under the seat. Something could have damaged the wires or connector. Looks like driver's seat will need to be removed.

Checking for power to the door switch may be easier target.

good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.