Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything is working except my driver's door window, including the driver's side rear window. When I push/pull the window button, I hear a relay clicking, but the window doesn't move. I've tried the window reset procedure (holding down the button, etc), but no change. I can't get the window working by opening the door at various widths (thinking it's a loose wire in the door sub-harness), and at the same time, all other controls still work fine. So I'm hoping it's a single bad wire in the sub-harness, but could it be the window regulator motor. Or is there a fuse that only controls the driver's door window? Also, does anyone know which one of the wires in the sub-harness is associated with the driver's window?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had this problem in the past few months. The sub-harness right in the door on the driver side was going bad. There's a lot of strain on the wires so be careful when disconnecting it. I had to re-pin the wire with little to no slack. For a more specific location of the connector, it's at the driver-side door, covered by the black rubber boot going into the car. The connector is in the car side of the rubber boot. Remove the boot carefully cause there's a plastic ring inside of it. You'll probably see a lot of light/brown gunk on the connector. I cleaned it out, popped it back on and tested it out before popping everything else back in. If you want to get a new harness, I think it's around $15-$30 from the dealership.

Good luck and Happy New years!/Holidays!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't suppose you remember which wire is associated with the driver's window specifically, which would save me from testing each wire's connectivity. Hopefully I would just see a broken wire dangling by itself, but I wanted to be prepared before I opened it up. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts