Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting a bunch of wind noise due to the door applique not being flush up against the door on the drivers front door. I'm not sure how this trim is supposed to attach to the door. Does it use clips or adhesive tape or something? I'm afraid to start prying at it even though there is a sizable gap between the panel and the door.

You can see a parts explosion of what I'm talking about. Part 5 is the part in question. Parts 7 and 6 might be related, but I don't really think they are fastening it to the door.

Any advice would help me figure out how to best fix it. I've even considered squeezing a few dabs of silicone.

Attachments

·
Registered
749 Posts
Did you compare its alignment to the passenger's side?

To help zero in on the location of wind noise, you can sit in the mdx and have someone point a leaf blower at the edges of the door, from between 3 & 5 feet. The sound will be noticeable, when the weak spot is under direct air pressure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Leaf blower- that's a good idea.

The garnish definitely has a different gap than the passenger door. It's buckled enough that I can push it back 1/4" or more before it touches the door frame. The passenger's does not do that. The rear doors almost look like they have a rubber molding behind the garnish, but I can't say I can see that on the front passenger side that seems ok, and the drivers front where something has gone wrong.

If I knew how the garnish is installed, I think I could fix it properly, or at least more appropriately. But I don't want to start prying at stuff, or remove more pieces than necessary to cause more harm than good when it all goes back together.

I'll try to get some pictures of the actual door tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
see attachment

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! That's just what I needed! I'll try removing the panel and see if the hooks are seated properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts