Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,345 Posts
Good luck. Regulators are fairly easy to install. The driver's side went out on my old 03 a couple of years ago.

· Registered
6,345 Posts
Hey guys, thanks again for the how-to. I planned this for my very handy hubby, but as he was out of town I ended up having a shop take a look and yes it was the regulator, which they wanted to charge me $250 for the part but luckily I was able to get a new one from CarQuest for $92 and drive it over there for them to install... BUT now I got the car back and the window seems to be rubbing as it moves up and down - I can hear it and visually see marks since the window hadn't been cleaned in a while (storm stuff, dust, pollen was on the outside). Based on FORBIN404's instructions, it doesn't seem like replacing the regulator should impact why there would be rubbing, that wasn't there before?

Or what am I ignorant about here - is this a different issue or related? Can handy hubby take the door panel off and fix this new issue?
Did you get an OEM part? Could be an alignment issue with the glass. Or you could try some shinitsu grease on the rubber window guides. Hubby should be able to open it up and take a look.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.