Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my driver window isn't working but from the driver door panel all the other windows work properly. I'm looking for options to trouble shoot and pinpoint the issue - saw lots of threads, not sure if they pertained to my issue so giving a new thread a shot. I'm not very technical, so please speak s-l-o-w-l-y in your description of what to do. lol. Thank you for any advice. I've long since given up on the dealer, , as my '01 238k mile MDX just doesn't get any love from them - well too much love, actually they just suggest I spend about what the car is worth to fix whatever they think is wrong, so I'm trying to keep the car going for only another 60k miles or so by relying heavily on this forum. You guys are super. Thanks.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There is no noise whatsoever when I depress the button. No clicking, no whirring, just nothing.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys, thanks again for the how-to. I planned this for my very handy hubby, but as he was out of town I ended up having a shop take a look and yes it was the regulator, which they wanted to charge me $250 for the part but luckily I was able to get a new one from CarQuest for $92 and drive it over there for them to install... BUT now I got the car back and the window seems to be rubbing as it moves up and down - I can hear it and visually see marks since the window hadn't been cleaned in a while (storm stuff, dust, pollen was on the outside). Based on FORBIN404's instructions, it doesn't seem like replacing the regulator should impact why there would be rubbing, that wasn't there before?

Or what am I ignorant about here - is this a different issue or related? Can handy hubby take the door panel off and fix this new issue?

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think it is OEM, what was I thinking not checking that. I just googled for parts that would fit. Argh. I was in a hurry since the shop was rushing me, since they wanted to sell me the $250 part. Ok thanks, I'll ask hubby to check alignment and grease window guides as you suggest. Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.