Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the driver window down at noon & wont do anything now. Diagnosed bad wires in the harness causing other windows to work or not work by moving wires. Replaced harness with new one. Driver window still not work. Bought used master switch and control module. Still not working. Replaced motor. Still not working. Driver side 7.5 a fuse tests good, has continuity. I’ll admit I’m not the best at electrical. I don’t have a clue what’s wrong at this point.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Diagnosing this type of issue is one of the easier ones within electrical issues as a whole. You just need to check for continuity on down the line. Make sure you have have juice into the master switch then leaving the master switch. If you have that then make sure you have juice at the motor when pressing the switch. Somewhere along the way you'll find your issue. You say you got the master switch used, but don't say if the harness or motor were new or used, but even new parts have a failure rate, no matter how low, so assume nothing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diagnosing this type of issue is one of the easier ones within electrical issues as a whole. You just need to check for continuity on down the line. Make sure you have have juice into the master switch then leaving the master switch. If you have that then make sure you have juice at the motor when pressing the switch. Somewhere along the way you'll find your issue. You say you got the master switch used, but don't say if the harness or motor were new or used, but even new parts have a failure rate, no matter how low, so assume nothing.
Morning,
Wire harness new from Acura. Regulator/motor new from Orielys. Used parts from Pams auto parts. “Tested good”
There is clicking sound from the control module when pushing“window down”. Just not sure what I’m missing?
I feel like it’s going to be something silly simple that I’m overlooking. Might there be other fuses that are causing an issue. As far as I know everything else in the car works properly.
frustrated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Morning,
Wire harness new from Acura. Regulator/motor new from Orielys. Used parts from Pams auto parts. “Tested good”
There is clicking sound from the control module when pushing“window down”. Just not sure what I’m missing?
I feel like it’s going to be something silly simple that I’m overlooking. Might there be other fuses that are causing an issue. As far as I know everything else in the car works properly.
frustrated.
I have been switching master switch & control module back and fourth as I do my diagnosing. No difference with used parts or the ones on the car.

·
Registered
449 Posts
My 2006 driver side window would sporadically not work, one time I was unable to raise it right before being pulled through the car wash and had to make a dramatic reverse exit.

Same clicking noise like it was getting power but the window wouldn’t raise.

Mechanic found that the wires going from behind the dash and connecting to inside the driver door had been worn/loosened after 12+ years of ownership. Copied below was what they found and windows have operated fine since.

This started happening around the 10 year mark.

Technician Notes:
CHECK INT. ALL WINDOWS WILL NOT RESPOND FROM THE MASTER WINDOW
FOUND SOFT SET CONNECTION BETWEEN DOOR WIRING
HARNESS AND DRIVERS UNDER DASH FUSE BOX
SECURED, WINDOWS OPERATE NORMALLY AT THIS
TIME

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 2006 driver side window would sporadically not work, one time I was unable to raise it right before being pulled through the car wash and had to make a dramatic reverse exit.

Same clicking noise like it was getting power but the window wouldn’t raise.

Mechanic found that the wires going from behind the dash and connecting to inside the driver door had been worn/loosened after 12+ years of ownership. Copied below was what they found and windows have operated fine since.

This started happening around the 10 year mark.

Technician Notes:
CHECK INT. ALL WINDOWS WILL NOT RESPOND FROM THE MASTER WINDOW
FOUND SOFT SET CONNECTION BETWEEN DOOR WIRING
HARNESS AND DRIVERS UNDER DASH FUSE BOX
SECURED, WINDOWS OPERATE NORMALLY AT THIS
TIME

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fixed mine today. Turns out you need to have the light in the door panel connected for the driver window to operate. I actually had two issues, the wiring harness was bad causing sporadic operation of the other three windows diagnosed by moving the wires and operating the windows at the same time. Second, the master switch on the driver door would only allow the driver window to go down but not up.
This is a rust free garage kept Arizona vehicle that I brought north.
I feel confident that I fixed all the issues I was having. The previous owner did tell me there was a issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts