Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

I have a 2018 MDX Tech AWD and I recently noticed that when I park the car and leave with the key-fob on me to activate the door locks and auto-mirror close, the driver-side mirror closes more slowly than the passenger side (opens more slowly as well). So, I tested it a few times by manually activating it with the button on the door rest and it happens every time. Now, it has become one of those things that once you see it, you cannot unsee it and I just notice it every damn time I park the car.

Does anyone else have this same issue (if we can call it that)?

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Hi All:

I have a 2018 MDX Tech AWD and I recently noticed that when I park the car and leave with the key-fob on me to activate the door locks and auto-mirror close, the driver-side mirror closes more slowly than the passenger side (opens more slowly as well). So, I tested it a few times by manually activating it with the button on the door rest and it happens every time. Now, it has become one of those things that once you see it, you cannot unsee it and I just notice it every damn time I park the car.

You should time them. Maybe you can go back to the dealer and tell them that 1 mirror opens in 4 seconds the other one opens in 3. Perhaps there is a TSB for it.
Seriously,you need to move on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All:

Yes, my 2014 MDX has the same issue, just ignore it:grin:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I had it happen on my 17. The slow mirror (right hand) then started to not fold sometimes. I took pictures showing one mirror out and the other in. It was an intermittent thing, but thanks to the pictures, the dealer replaced the actuator in that right hand mirror. They fold and unfold every time now, and I notice they're moving at around same speed.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I had it happen on my 17. The slow mirror (right hand) then started to not fold sometimes. I took pictures showing one mirror out and the other in. It was an intermittent thing, but thanks to the pictures, the dealer replaced the actuator in that right hand mirror. They fold and unfold every time now, and I notice they're moving at around same speed.
When and if one fails,then deal with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the info, everyone.

Also, no need for the "move on" passive aggressiveness. I was just curious about the motors in the mirrors, especially since the car is essentially brand new.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Mine close at random speeds set by me, they are manual, no motor to break. :)

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
The topic of this thread epitomizes the term 'first world problem'. It's kind of funny.

Okay - it's possible one closing significantly slower than the other might signify an upcoming issue if there's excessive resistance in the mechanism or a problem with the motor so the post is legit.

My mirrors work the same as PTC Dawgs - they operate at the speed of my hand folding them in or out (i.e. - the're manual). I've only actually folded them a few times in the 5.5 years I've owned the vehicle since I avoid tight parking situations as much as possible and prefer to park away from others and just walk further.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For what it's worth, my brand-new 2019 Sport Hybrid Advance with 350 miles on it has the same issue. Except half the time it doesn't move more than an inch before stopping; the other half it seems to close slowly but there is some clicking.

Not going to waste a trip to the dealer just for this, will deal with it at the first oil change if nothing more pressing comes up before then.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
For what it's worth, my brand-new 2019 Sport Hybrid Advance with 350 miles on it has the same issue. Except half the time it doesn't move more than an inch before stopping; the other half it seems to close slowly but there is some clicking.

Not going to waste a trip to the dealer just for this, will deal with it at the first oil change if nothing more pressing comes up before then.
Now that sounds like a real issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts