Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on fixing water leaks this weekend now that the weather here in southern New England has improved. I'm following the post from DAVEY and sealed up the seam on the fire wall behind the inner fender skirt on both sides. Next will be to check out sun room drains, using the information from habbyguy. IN the meantime I'm drying out the carpets after removing the kick panels down by the floor. One thing I had not seen before was a small button near the top of the driver side kick panel. It has two wires attached to it. Does anyone know what this is for?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Is it actuated by the parking brake?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The button protrudes out of the kick panel perpendicular toward the center consol. It is not near the parking brake or in it's line of movement. I had not thought about a security over ride. Since the car has the a theft system built in it seems like that would be labeled or in the manual somewhere. There is an aftermarket Viper remote starter. Maybe it has something to do with that?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Sounds like it’s related to the remote starter.

A picture would help.

If you don’t have one, you could try googling your remote and download the manual.

I’d say push it but risky if you don’t know what the reset procedure is regarding key in, key to position II, which button on the remote to push.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are some pictures of the mystery button. Yes I agree that I should not push it. It might disable something, or maybe eject me from the car! :surprise: I also checked with the Viper website wrt the remote start. I could not find a catalog for my exact version (old) , but the newer ones have something about a Valet Button:

Disabling (optional) Starter Kill

If your remote control is lost or damaged, you can manually override the starter kill. To do this, you must have the vehicle's ignition key and know where the Valet button is located. Be sure to check with the installer for the location of the Valet button. To override the starter kill, turn the ignition on and press and release the valet button within10 seconds. The vehicle should start. If it does not start, you may have waited too long; turn the ignition off and repeat the process.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.